How can I find out which schools my DAT

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by aggie-master, Jul 25, 2006.

1. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub

Dentist
    scores are being sent to?

I applied to take the DAT almost a year ago when I was considering applying late for the 2006 cycle. At that time, I was going to apply to the same schools that I applied to this year, but I still want to make sure that it is getting sent to them.

I can't find anything that shows what schools I put down on the DAT application. :(

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mahGOL

mahGOL Member

Pre-Dental
    Call ADA and they tell you which school you have applied to. Hopefully you dont get the mean lady that after putting me on hold for 30 min told me its your responsibility and you had to write it down and call back in few hours. But they eventually let you know if you keep calling them. Good Luck ...

4. hokiedds

hokiedds Senior Member

I called the ADA to find out which schools my score reports had been sent to. I had to call several times, I spent about 20 minutes on hold, and both of the people I talked to were incredibly rude. I'm not really sure why the ADA keeps employees like that around...it definitely does not reflect well on the organization.

It sounds like you haven't sent your scores yet for this cycle and are counting on the schools still having your scores from last cycle. I don't think most schools hold on to applications and score reports for the next year...I applied last year and I just went ahead and resent my scores this year.

5. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub

Dentist
    No, I applied (paid fees, etc.) to take the DAT last August but I didn't take it until yesterday. I considered applying in 2006 but then I changed my mind and never did.

6. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub

Dentist
    Thanks for the help.

I called them and got a friendly person that told me what I needed to know. I sent them to the right schools.

7. jrm

jrm

Pre-Dental
    I didn't print my DAT school designation list out when I signed up, so I'm in the same boat. My school choices have changed dramatically since I signed up for the DAT! Kind of irritating that the ADA sends a confirmation number, but there's no way to use it on their site to see where they are sending scores. Equally irritating that you can't change them!