Medical How can I raise my chances of acceptance to an MD school after rough start to college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in my (kind of) first year undergrad. Some brief background info: I first went to a regional location for a university (so not the actual university). At this time a family emergency happened and home life was upset and I started failing classes (2 F's) and so I dropped my classes the next semester and took some time off (roughly 2 semesters). I came back to school, but I transferred to a local community college because of the family situation going on it was easier to not travel 40 minutes to and from (the new community college is 5 minutes away).

I know this is already going to work against me between the F's, the gap year and transferring to a community college. So my question is: how can I try to redeem myself or maybe compensate for this? Like should I do more or less of something to make up for it? I'm hoping this isn't going to end my chances.
Well, any academic progress with solid performance (3.7+) might give you a good chance. You do need some shadowing experience to be sure medicine is really what you want as opposed to other health care careers.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.