How can I research OT schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CurlyHairedGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working now in another area and will have a few years of taking pre-reqs. While I'm doing that, how can I learn more about the schools?

I can easily find out the admission requirements, average GPA's of students admitted, and the national rankings.

But I can't physically visit all the schools and ask a lot of questions. And I don't know what to ask.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm working now in another area and will have a few years of taking pre-reqs. While I'm doing that, how can I learn more about the schools?

I can easily find out the admission requirements, average GPA's of students admitted, and the national rankings.

But I can't physically visit all the schools and ask a lot of questions. And I don't know what to ask.

The best way to start is by looking at objective things like cost and location so you can narrow down what will and will not work out for you. Come up with a plan including where you want to be and how you will pay for your education. After you have a few ideas about that, you can focus more on specific schools. There aren't that many OT students on this board who have started yet, so the information here is limited. See if you can shadow OTs in your community (you will need the observation hours to get into school eventually anyway) and ask them for their input on different programs. Also, since you have a few years yet, try visiting a couple programs and going to information sessions- going and seeing for yourself is really the best way to get a feel for the school. As for what questions to ask- ask for information that is important to you... no one but yourself knows what your priorities are. Lots of luck to you!