How can this be????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

letsgfuad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im a MCDB (molecular cellular and developmental biology) major at CU Boulder. It seems like i only know 2/3 - 1/2 of the biology sections. Sometimes i get around 2/3 but other times i get 1/2 correct answers. I think my biology background is much to specific for the DAT. It seems like my major only focues on the details as DAT biology is more general of ALL BIOLOGY. Im FU**** when it comes to bio? Anyone else have this problem?

People who are not bio are just as good off as me.

Members don't see this ad.

letsgfuad said:
So im a MCDB (molecular cellular and developmental biology) major at CU Boulder. It seems like i only know 2/3 - 1/2 of the biology sections. Sometimes i get around 2/3 but other times i get 1/2 correct answers. I think my biology background is much to specific for the DAT. It seems like my major only focues on the details as DAT biology is more general of ALL BIOLOGY. Im FU**** when it comes to bio? Anyone else have this problem?

They Make Study Materials to prepare you such as Kaplan. I know Im not going to get all of the Chemistry and Biology background I need Majoring in Science Education, so thats why Im going to study 4-5 months ahead of time.

letsgfuad said:

U need to get the right materials to study, u will be fine...kaplan has good stuff if u got the money...its quite a rip-off, but its an investment...

Members don't see this ad :)
letsgfuad said:

Its like that at first, but get into the material and you'll do fine!

As others have said, just get the study material and youre fine. I was an MCDB major at Michigan, so I know what youre talking about. Being an MCDB major kinda sorta helps in that you can almost skip studying the biochem, genetics, physiology stuff that nonscience people need to spend a decent amount of time reviewing since it really should be second nature to you. This frees up plenty of time for you to go over the stuff that you arent familiar with, like plant bio, or those phylogenetic groups, etc...

dont' let this discourage you, i wasn't even a science major.. study with the right material.. and you'll be fine.