how can volunteering be so hard?

Started by mangopulp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mangopulp

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello SDNers,

I am a recent graduate working at CVS at the present. But retail is something I never wanted to do. I applied for residency last year and did not match. So I took up a job at CVS. Now that it is time to apply again, I have not got any chance to enhance my CV. I have not been able to volunteer, let alone having a publication. I know the competition is very tough. What can I do to grab opportunities to volunteer in my community in the field of pharmacy? I have tried contacting local hospitals but there are way too many criteria to fulfill and with a full time job, schedules never match! Please guide!

Thanks!
 
"I have tried contacting local hospitals but there are way too many criteria to fulfill and with a full time job, schedules never match! Please guide!"

I could easily say that you're not committed enough to a learning experience if you're more interested in your fulltime job...