HELP what can I do for my resume for residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snickerfanclub

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a P3 and have just decided I wanted to work in hospital- critical care. I feel like I'm playing catch up to make my resume appealing for residencies. So far I have a 3.2 GPA (is this too low?) and about 7 years of work experience in retail pharmacy from 2 different pharmacies. ( I worked about 15 hours per week during pharmacy school at one of these locations). I have a leadership position in AMCP (managed care) and a leadership position in a vaccination club and a mental health club. I feel like I've done a lot, but none of this makes it look like I'm interested in hospital. Do you think I have a chance of getting a residency in a hospital critical care setting? How can I improve my resume with the little time I have left at school? I was looking into getting ACLS certified. Do you think this would help?