"how can you make the program better?" and the like

Started by Shazam243
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Shazam243

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have always had trouble answering this question. And now, I feel that for residencies, what you can bring should be something more tangible than "a different perspective of something" or a "positive attitude". What are residency interviewers looking for when they ask this? And what are some of the better/best answers you've gotten?
 
Also, "what makes you stand out from the other applicants?"

I answer this one with such a generic answer (I work hard etc.) and it makes me wonder if they have heard the same spiel from everyone. So who stands out?