Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How common is it to require that your SSN be on your LOR?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by vikingvallhalla, May 7, 2008.

1. vikingvallhalla

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Sorry if this has been covered already but I couldn't find anything.
    I saw on the website of one of the schools I'm considering applying to that all of the LOR's you send in need to have your SSN on them, thats the first time I've seen that and my undergrad U LOR service doesn't include that on the instructions to the professors. Is this pretty common? I already have the three I wanted and I'd hate to have to ask the profs to resend the letters with my SSN

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jolie South

Jolie South is invoking Domo. . .
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i've never heard of SSN. i think it's kind of crazy to put that information on a document that will be handled by so many people be it at interfolio or the admissions office.

i've heard of putting your AMCAS number on LORs and did that with my interfolio packets.

4. 146233

146233 Phthirius pubis

Medical Student
    I second Jolie's account. I was requested to have my writers put my AMCAS ID on it. I'd have a problem sharing my SSN with so many people.

5. AKu2984

AKu2984 MD to be...
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I don't know about SSN's...but I do know most schools want your AMCAS ID# on all LOR's, as Jolie South mentioned.