How competitive is NYU,Columbia DPT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fanatic_w

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know how competitive are these two programs? I graduated from a four year SUNY college with a bachelor degree in Health science. I do not have a strong GPA (3.35, major GPA around 3.1~3.2) and I'm taking my first GRE soon. I heard that NYU and Columbia are both excellent programs. Although their program only requires a minimum GPA of 3.0, the average admitted students often have much higher GPA.
Can anyone tell me with my GPA is it even worth trying to apply? If its out of my reach, it will save a lot of money&time from their application process thanks!! If anyone can recommend me some good DPT program in NYC area I really appreciate it! Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, does anyone know how competitive are these two programs? I graduated from a four year SUNY college with a bachelor degree in Health science. I do not have a strong GPA (3.35, major GPA around 3.1~3.2) and I'm taking my first GRE soon. I heard that NYU and Columbia are both excellent programs. Although their program only requires a minimum GPA of 3.0, the average admitted students often have much higher GPA.
Can anyone tell me with my GPA is it even worth trying to apply? If its out of my reach, it will save a lot of money&time from their application process thanks!! If anyone can recommend me some good DPT program in NYC area I really appreciate it! Thank you guys!

I think they cost a lot of money. Your GRE would determine my answer. If you ace it then apply.

It also depends on your clinical experiences. If you have over 200 hours it may make up for a lower GPA.

I have no experience, but I met a DPT who went to NYU and while he loved the program he regretted it because of how much debt it put him in. Unless you're determined to open your own practice or be a junior partner for a big chain it might not be worth it to pay NYU's tuition.