Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've heard that the biochem stuff can be pretty detail heavy (enzymes, metabolic molecules, yadda yadda) but how much detail are we expected to know for physio? I'm currently studying with a tutor (I'm 99% sure he has never taken the mcat before, but don't blame me I didn't choose him) who thinks going through a 1st year med school physio textbook is a good use of time.
For example, he's convinced that if I don't know that glycosamineglycans + proteins are present as proteoglycans in ground substance, which is contained in the connective tissue between cells, that I'll do horribly on the mcat. Should I just drop his ass and self-study? I'm currently reading through the EK 10th edition book and doing practice questions from Sterling. I've taken classes for most of the bio topics (physio, biochem, genetics, endocrinology, etc. ) at college, so at this point it's all review.
For example, he's convinced that if I don't know that glycosamineglycans + proteins are present as proteoglycans in ground substance, which is contained in the connective tissue between cells, that I'll do horribly on the mcat. Should I just drop his ass and self-study? I'm currently reading through the EK 10th edition book and doing practice questions from Sterling. I've taken classes for most of the bio topics (physio, biochem, genetics, endocrinology, etc. ) at college, so at this point it's all review.