How did it go for DO's in the match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dharma

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see how you DO's fared in the NMRP match. I know this type of thread rarely gets much love, but I figured it's worth a shot. With an interest in peds, I just want to see what prospects are like for a DO student at some of the better ACGME programs out there.

Congrats to all you folks who matched! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Just curious to see how you DO's fared in the NMRP match. I know this type of thread rarely gets much love, but I figured it's worth a shot. With an interest in peds, I just want to see what prospects are like for a DO student at some of the better ACGME programs out there.

Congrats to all you folks who matched! Best of luck!

I've posted in the other threads but I'll put my info here as well.

School: VCOM
Step 1/2 score: 503/595

I applied to 20 programs and got 17 interviews. I wanted to stay in or near Appalachia (I am from Northeast TN). Applied to a variety of sizes, with/without fellowships, etc. I went on 11 interviews at the following places:

- Virginia Tech - Carilion Clinic
- Virginia Commonwealth U.
- Wake Forest
- University of Kentucky
- U. of Louisville
- UT- Chattanooga
- ETSU - Quillen (hometown)
- University of South Carolina - Palmetto Health
- USC - Greenville
- Ohio State University
- WVU - Charleston

Matched at my #1 - VT-Carilion.

Congrats!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Members don't see this ad :)
No problem! When our match list becomes official I will post where all the other people from my school went for Peds this year. Right now we are not supposed to release it.

Hey vita did you do away rotations at your top choices?

Hey vita did you do away rotations at your top choices?

I did two rotations at the place where I matched (but it is a core site, so not really "away" rotations). I did an away at two other places where I interviewed. It was good to see a variety of programs.