How did my friend not get accepted???

Started by eddy1109
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eddy1109

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a friend who got a 3.8 gpa and a 35 MCAT. He is from Fl and applied to every Fl school. He applied to 12 schools, and didn't get a SINGLE interview, although he got on the wait list for 4. He didn't do any EC's but it still seems pretty crazy how he didn't even get an interview anywhere...

I've heard this happen to a bunch of people, why do you think this happened?
 
So I have a friend who got a 3.8 gpa and a 35 MCAT. He is from Fl and applied to every Fl school. He applied to 12 schools, and didn't get a SINGLE interview, although he got on the wait list for 4. He didn't do any EC's but it still seems pretty crazy how he didn't even get an interview anywhere...

I've heard this happen to a bunch of people, why do you think this happened?

wait what

and

here might be the problem
 
So I have a friend who got a 3.8 gpa and a 35 MCAT. He is from Fl and applied to every Fl school. He applied to 12 schools, and didn't get a SINGLE interview, although he got on the wait list for 4. He didn't do any EC's but it still seems pretty crazy how he didn't even get an interview anywhere...

I've heard this happen to a bunch of people, why do you think this happened?

congratulations to YOU on YOUR 3.8 gpa/35 mcat

im sorry for YOU, seriously
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a friend who got a 3.8 gpa and a 35 MCAT. He is from Fl and applied to every Fl school. He applied to 12 schools, and didn't get a SINGLE interview, although he got on the wait list for 4. He didn't do any EC's but it still seems pretty crazy how he didn't even get an interview anywhere...

I've heard this happen to a bunch of people, why do you think this happened?

wait what? I don't even...
 
m8ectj.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have a friend who got a 3.8 gpa and a 35 MCAT. He is from Fl and applied to every Fl school. He applied to 12 schools, and didn't get a SINGLE interview, although he got on the wait list for 4. He didn't do any EC's but it still seems pretty crazy how he didn't even get an interview anywhere...

I've heard this happen to a bunch of people, why do you think this happened?
Its simple, every school in the USA has enough applicants with decent stats to fill their class and the ones that do are the ones who show something more than just numbers.
 
wait list with no interview? haha
right right

Numbers don't make doctors. People make doctors.
Tell your "friend" to work on his EC's and try again next year.
 
does your "friend" have a DUI? or did he put that he volunteered for the german socialist party as one of his EC's?
 
lol @ all the people responding to 'No ECs', when the guy claimed his 'friend' was waitlisted without interviewing.

troll_meme_by_party9999999-d3i1jx4.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No Ec's whatsoever? I thought every colleg student in the US has done SOME form of an EC. Serisously man, that's just pathetic.