How did you feel right after your MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
coming out i wanted to take a dump

Members don't see this ad.

All I could think about was an extremely difficult OChem passage where I guessed on the large majority (something like 7/9) of questions. Ended up getting a 15 in bio, and a 40 overall. Guess that passage was experimental, or I was the luckiest man alive that day.

All I could think about was an extremely difficult OChem passage where I guessed on the large majority (something like 7/9) of questions. Ended up getting a 15 in bio, and a 40 overall. Guess that passage was experimental, or I was the luckiest man alive that day.

a 40?!?! jeeezzzzz. nice job bro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now that we have a page of everyone feeling like crap and getting great scores, let's have a page of people feeling great and getting crap scores.

Now that we have a page of everyone feeling like crap and getting great scores, let's have a page of people feeling great and getting crap scores.

Sorry you won't find that on sdn because everyone gets > 40 here :D

I have 8 days til I find out my MCAT score. I walked out of the testing center with a sense of relief and that was all I could ask for. I havent really been anxious to find out my score until now because it's sooooo close to the day I find out. July 24th can't come fast enough.

For all you people that scored 13+ in the sciences, how did you feel question wise? Like did you know as a fact you got a few wrong for sure yet still got an awesome score?

Example, on my last aamc's I got

9- 14/10/13 -37
10- 14/8/15-37
11- 14/10/14 - 38

I'm hoping to do around that (God I wish!!!) but know for a fact that I have gotten already 4 questions wrong in Bio and 2 questions wrong in PS. Though our July 14th test was MUCH harder than the aamc in both sciences

For all you people that scored 13+ in the sciences, how did you feel question wise?

I still know which question I got wrong in the sciences. I work it out sometimes, and I still come up with the wrong answer about one attempt in three. It is an extremely well-written question, analyzing something everybody has seen before but in a new way. My hat is off to whomever wrote it. I knew I got the rest of them correct though, and I answered those with confidence.

I felt pretty terrible after finishing and seriously considered canceling my scores. I was really surprised and happy to see a 37 a month later.

I got a 14 on the PS section and a 12 on the BS section. I thought the BS section was really tough; there was one really ridiculous passage in there which really discouraged me. At the time I guessed that I got around a 9 or 10 and I was really glad that it was last. I thought the PS was relatively easy compared to the AAMC tests. I didn't have any passages on topics I was weak on (such as optics) and I felt pretty good about it.

I also noticed 2 obvious mistakes when I reviewed. I was tripped up over the wording of the questions the first time around. There were maybe two or three questions where I had no idea what the right answer was so I guessed. But after I caught those two mistakes, I was pretty confident that I did well on that part at least.

I guess I'm the odd man out. I felt pretty great after taking it, but ended up with only a 27. Then again, when I took it I was still aiming for podiatry schools.

Though our July 14th test was MUCH harder than the aamc in both sciences

Agreed. I got my top scores on AAMC 10, 11 and then felt completely duped when I got to the real thing. It was really tough!! :thumbdown:

Agreed. I got my top scores on AAMC 10, 11 and then felt completely duped when I got to the real thing. It was really tough!! :thumbdown:

Yeah I'm so bummed, I feel alright on all the passages, even the wall of text crazy passage, its just 2 discretes (autowrong) + 1 ochem (autowrong) + 2 wild guesses (which I know are both wrong now).

Can't see myself getting a 13+ with that even with a difficult section, unless I get lucky with some of those wrong answers being experimental :p

I also got 2 auto wrong in PS :/

Did anybody like the writing portion? because this will be the last good MCAT. And before any of you blame english majors (i was one), just remember the growing illiteracy rate in america. Also, Good luck with you med school admissions

this is the best thread ever. i'm reviving it for 3/23 and 4/4 people!

Yeah I thought the real thing was much harder than the AAMC 10 & 11. I actually had to guess on a couple questions with no real confidence, which had never happened towards the end of my FLs. I actually felt terrible about the entire test and was sure that I had bombed it. But I ended up doing better than any of my FLs so I guess (as this thread shows ad nauseum) you can't go by your feeling after this test.