how did you guys send letter of recommandaion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have questions about letters of recommendation.

May 15th is when I can make an account for AADSAS. Do I have to send the letters of recommendation after May 15th? I think May is too late to ask for letters and I am worried that asking too early will make them too soon even before May 15th and won't enter their system.

When you ask a letter from your dentist, do you give him envelop, stamp, address and ask him to send? or do you receive the letter and send it by yourself?

Does the same thing apply to 3 professors? Do you give them envelope, stamp, and address?

How does AADSAS know that the letter that a dentist sent is specifically for you? how do they check that? Do I have to ask my dentist to put my picture and social security number? I am sure there will be another applicant who has the same name as I do so I am really curious and also worried.

And also, should I tell them specifically how to write it? font size, style, word count...etc?

I am really worried that the letters won't reach the destination even though I worked so hard to keep a good relationship with professors and a dentist.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey joon,

Glad to see you are still around here :)

For me, I just had my teachers send it to the predental office at my university. My predental advisor took care of sending it to the correct places. So it depends on the situation. If you have a predental advsior, it would help to talk to them..

Hi, Flipper405! how r u?
Have you gotten accepted to any schools yet? I am graduating this fall semester and preparing to send application and everything. Of course I will study for DAT, too.

I have predental advisor who collects letters, too. But he has very bad reputation, show disrespect to students, trying his best to stop people from going to dental school and giving me a hard time so I don't know what to do. He also asks for pre-application which is totally unnecessary but he requires it for some reason. But then again, I guess I need him for advisor letter unless he puts all the bad words in it like he usually does.

If I ask him to collect letters, it's easy for professors to write letters since they are in the same campus, but how about my dentist? how can he send it to my advisor?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, I got accepted to Temple. hoping for some more in the mail within the next few days....

sorry to hear about the advisor... maybe someone else could help you there because my advisor was pretty helpful.

I think, for the dentist letter, aadsas has a special form that you can give to them to fill out... i didn't do that so i don't remember but i can look on my aadsas this afternoon for you

Hi guys, I have questions about letters of recommendation.

May 15th is when I can make an account for AADSAS. Do I have to send the letters of recommendation after May 15th? I think May is too late to ask for letters and I am worried that asking too early will make them too soon even before May 15th and won't enter their system.

When you ask a letter from your dentist, do you give him envelop, stamp, address and ask him to send? or do you receive the letter and send it by yourself?

Does the same thing apply to 3 professors? Do you give them envelope, stamp, and address?

How does AADSAS know that the letter that a dentist sent is specifically for you? how do they check that? Do I have to ask my dentist to put my picture and social security number? I am sure there will be another applicant who has the same name as I do so I am really curious and also worried.

And also, should I tell them specifically how to write it? font size, style, word count...etc?

I am really worried that the letters won't reach the destination even though I worked so hard to keep a good relationship with professors and a dentist.

Hi Joonkimdds, glad to see you're on top of everything and ready for May 15th. To answer your questions...

Yes, you do have to send out your letters on or after May 15th. When you create your account there are two ways you can send letters of recommendation. (1) By paper... so you will have to print out a form (with your new AADSAS number) for you and the professor/dentist to fill out and put in the sealed envelope along with the letter. or (2) Electronically... AADSAS will send an email to the professor/dentist and they will have to follow the directions on how to send the file. Either way, you should let your professors know a few days ahead of time that you will be needing a letter of recommendation.

"When you ask a letter from your dentist, do you give him envelop, stamp, address and ask him to send? or do you receive the letter and send it by yourself?"
- If doing by paper... you don't have to give your professor/dentist an envelope, stamp, address. That's up to you. But it can't hurt you to do so. All the information for the professor/dentist to follow is either on the form or AADSAS email.

"How does AADSAS know that the letter that a dentist sent is specifically for you?"
- Form or email as mentioned above

"And also, should I tell them specifically how to write it? font size, style, word count...etc?"
- Not necessary and there is no word count limit.

"I am really worried that the letters won't reach the destination even though I worked so hard to keep a good relationship with professors and a dentist."
- If done by email then you receive a confirmation email from AADSAS when the Evaluators send them in. If done by paper, the only way to be sure is to collect all your letters and send them with a tracking number.

Hope this helps.