You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Relax. Dentists and Current Students - Send in your advice and Good Vibes
Started by StealYourThirds
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Y'all are gonna be just fine. Whatever happens, happens. It will all workout in the end. Deep breath, go outside, go workout, find a fun hobby, enjoy family time, just do literally anything. The day is almost here!
And I promise, you're gonna look back on this day and wonder why the heck were you so stressed out. (I did this)
And I promise, you're gonna look back on this day and wonder why the heck were you so stressed out. (I did this)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We've all been there! Trust in all your hard work. As @Mr.Smile12 can attest, committees will see the effort you all have put in.
@Big Time Hoosier Anything to say to the kids?
u can specialize from the cheapest school
ALSO come into school with an open mind. Dental School is what you make it.
For those of you currently sitting on 0 acceptances, I know how you feel. Do not give up hope. At this point in my cycle I hadn't even been on a single interview. I received my first and only acceptance to dental school in mid April. Don't be afraid to send update letters showing your interest. A million people can tell you no but as soon as 1 person tells you yes, you've got your ticket to ride. Hang in there. It all works out in the end. Feel free to reach out if this is you and you need words of advice or encouragement.
For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.
For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.
For those of you currently sitting on 0 acceptances, I know how you feel. Do not give up hope. At this point in my cycle I hadn't even been on a single interview. I received my first and only acceptance to dental school in mid April. Don't be afraid to send update letters showing your interest. A million people can tell you no but as soon as 1 person tells you yes, you've got your ticket to ride. Hang in there. It all works out in the end. Feel free to reach out if this is you and you need words of advice or encouragement.
For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.
Amen to that
Learn to love the minutia and tedium. Listening to all the tributes to Bill Bellichick stepping down and Nick Saban retiring, that is a common thread. Look how that turned out for them (though they obviously weren't dentists, but I'm sure they had to handle so much more stress over the past 20+ years).
Why is there no Nick Saban GIF off this text window?
Why is there no Nick Saban GIF off this text window?
Constantly have to tell myself this! Remind yourselves how blessed you all are to be in a position to do a kickass job and help others!For those of you currently sitting on 0 acceptances, I know how you feel. Do not give up hope. At this point in my cycle I hadn't even been on a single interview. I received my first and only acceptance to dental school in mid April. Don't be afraid to send update letters showing your interest. A million people can tell you no but as soon as 1 person tells you yes, you've got your ticket to ride. Hang in there. It all works out in the end. Feel free to reach out if this is you and you need words of advice or encouragement.
For those who have gotten in to their dream schools, congratulations! Do not rest on your laurels, your grind has only just begun. You have a highly coveted seat as an incoming D1. Do not take it for granted. Push yourselves each and every day to be the best that you can be so that one day you can be the dentist your patients deserve. You get out of school what you put in. Don't forget to make time for family, friends, and fun though. I still talk to my dental school friends every day. Set high expectations for youself but don't forget what it's all about.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 2K