How did you meet your SO?

Organic chemistry 2nd semester.

The class, not the process. It was the only good thing to come from that class, in my opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
Organic chemistry 2nd semester.

The class, not the process. It was the only good thing to come from that class, in my opinion.

Wow, that is how I met my so of 6 years too. He was even my partner for the ochem 2 lab as well and we both graduated with the same degree - biochem.

My story is not as cheery as years though. :laugh:

Wow, that is how I met my so of 6 years too. He was even my partner for the ochem 2 lab as well and we both graduated with the same degree - biochem.

My story is not as cheery as years though. :laugh:

how does the relationship work out when it comes time to applying to grad schools and possibly moving etc. long distance?

I ask myself if i should not even try to find a relationship during undergrad because I'll possibly leave and then when it comes time for residency you move. so idk.

lmao........

i've seen the lonely girls on there, called and they actually answered! scary..

Haha. I know it sounds like I be trolling....

...but seriously. I met my husband on craigslist.

That doesn't help anybody since the odds are like 123930942309482034 to 1 that you'll meet somebody good, but I won the lottery on this one.

That doesn't help anybody since the odds are like 123930942309482034 to 1 that you'll meet somebody good, but I won the lottery on this one.

oh dang your serious? damn well if it worked for you, good for you. lol i woulda never thought that was possible, esp on craigslist. crazy stuff

still together, both in med school? LDR?
Yup, eventually got married. She got in to medical school straight out of undergrad, I didn't; I did graduate school while she did the first three years of medical school, and we were in the same area. Now we're physically separated (I wasn't able to get into a school near her), but she likes residency programs in my area and will try to get into one of them so that we can be reunited.

We're both fairly low-stress and mesh really well together. I won't say that medical school didn't put some burdens on the relationship, but we never fought and there was never a reason to think that the relationship was in jeopardy. I wish everyone could be as lucky as we are - I don't take what we have for granted..

I want more details on this one. Was he selling something and you both hit it off well when you went to pick it up, or was it a personal listing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted a personal ad, and he responded to it (along with many other people who were :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:).

I think at the time I had met a series of crappy guys and my activities weren't yielding any new people, so I thought, what the heck. It's free and worth a shot.

He ended up living only a couple miles away from me, was in medical school at the time, and we had a ton in common. And now we live happily ever after. October 25th is our two year wedding anniversary.

I met my SO on one of the first few days of undergrad, we lived in the same dorm and I met him through a neighbor who went to the same high school as him (Ironically enough that guy is now with a girl I went to high school with).

We spent 5 years together in undergrad (5 years with internships, that's just the way our school worked). Luckily he was one of the very first people accepted in his cycle at his top choice school, so we knew where he would be going before I even had to apply for graduate school (I'm not going to med school). It just so happened that a school that I loved was in the same area and I was accepted to that program. Now he's just begun his program and I will start in a couple of weeks...

Fansubbing, SDN, and softball. In that order.:laugh:

I met my SO on one of the first few days of undergrad, we lived in the same dorm and I met him through a neighbor who went to the same high school as him (Ironically enough that guy is now with a girl I went to high school with).

We spent 5 years together in undergrad (5 years with internships, that's just the way our school worked). Luckily he was one of the very first people accepted in his cycle at his top choice school, so we knew where he would be going before I even had to apply for graduate school (I'm not going to med school). It just so happened that a school that I loved was in the same area and I was accepted to that program. Now he's just begun his program and I will start in a couple of weeks...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I ask myself if i should not even try to find a relationship during undergrad because I'll possibly leave and then when it comes time for residency you move. so idk.

The problem with this line of thinking is that it never ends. At every stage of your career, you might have to move somewhere. After undergrad, after med school, after residency, after a couple years as an attending-life is uncertain. I mentioned this to someone in the Lounge maybe a month ago, and it holds true for you-the relationships that you don't experience are going to weigh on you just as much (or more) as the ones that fail due to life circumstances.

The problem with this line of thinking is that it never ends. At every stage of your career, you might have to move somewhere. After undergrad, after med school, after residency, after a couple years as an attending-life is uncertain. I mentioned this to someone in the Lounge maybe a month ago, and it holds true for you-the relationships that you don't experience are going to weigh on you just as much (or more) as the ones that fail due to life circumstances.

Very true. :thumbup:

I absolutely agree. I don't think that you can plan out when you are going to find someone that you want to spend your life with, if you are closed off to relationships just because you might move in the future then you are missing out on a lot of opportunities to make a connection with people, something that you may come to regret.

I absolutely agree. I don't think that you can plan out when you are going to find someone that you want to spend your life with, if you are closed off to relationships just because you might move in the future then you are missing out on a lot of opportunities to make a connection with people, something that you may come to regret.
This is something where very few people can get by without sacrificing something. A relationship offers stability you can't find elsewhere (among other benefits and opportunities), but you and your partner will always be accommodating each other in terms of education and career opportunities. Sometimes neither person needs to sacrifice, but that's probably rare. Obviously, if you're single then you're free to pursue what ever comes your way, no matter where it make take you or what hours it may require, but if you want to have a family (or be in a relationship) then you're out of luck.

There's no right or wrong about it, either. If you feel that a career is more important to you, then go for it. If you think a relationship/family would be more important, then pursue that and don't be afraid to tone down your professional expectations to make it happen (bearing in mind that you might still be able to achieve your ideal the career, location, AND relationship/family).

Roofies and a one sided amnestic night together. That's rohypnol for the educated stalker.

Not really... High school, then got engaged after 6 yrs, then I broke it off 2 months from the wedding.... She was naturally..ah, how shall we put it...pissed. She got over it...after 11 years when I was finally able to get another date with her.

Roofies and a one sided amnestic night together. That's rohypnol for the educated stalker.

Not really... High school, then got engaged after 6 yrs, then I broke it off 2 months from the wedding.... She was naturally..ah, how shall we put it...pissed. She got over it...after 11 years when I was finally able to get another date with her.

That's... awesome

I met my wife when she was working at as a party planner and i was planning a halloween party. She came and decorated the house, sent out all the invitations, stayed for the party,.. and got drunk at the party. Weve been together ever since. 10 years. She still does parties too at good times R US.

Believe it or not, my hubby and I grew up together. We were together for 10 years before we got married between his second and third year of medical school. A bunch of doctors' wives gave me such great advice, and I learned early that the hospital will interfere with life sometimes. We had to plan our honeymoon a few days late because of a hospital function he had to go to.

And now, we're biting our nails waiting on residency information. :eek: