How did you study for NAPLEX2016 and your experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentpharmacist1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering how you guys studied for NAPLEX 2016 and if you could share your experience about passing / failures. I am a P3 now but I always check the updates. Recently I heard that the NAPLEX exam was reformatted for the first year change being devoted to the 2016 exam takers.

I want to hear your experience and create a study plan for P4 year when we have rotations. I hear a lot of people saying study 2 months before exam, but I also want to study during the year as well as the last two months to ensure I pass on first attempt. I congratulate all of you that passed this year NAPLEX and my deepest condolences and best wishes for those who failed.

Any of your experience/ advices are highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the naplex in July and passed. I went through the RXPrep book, test questions, and videos slowly starting in Jan. I didn't really start hunkering down until about a month before my exam. I had gone through the book, videos, and test questions one time then in that last month I redid as much as I could before my test date while also working. I took the week off before my test just to study. I noticed that I scored better the second time around on the rxprep test bank questions but my scores were only around 70%.

During the week before my test, I did the rxprep practice exam and the prenaplex to see where I was. I passed the prenaplex so I thought I was ok. I ended up getting the same score on the prenaplex as I did on the naplex.

If you're a P3, there's no need to ask now. You should ask this question next year after the exam has changed to get more accurate responses. Also don't get hung up with the fear of failing because a lot of people who fail turn to SDN and post for help. Many many more people pass but don't post on here. However, regardless of this new exam, I would say 2 months ON is plenty of time.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile