How did Zoom change your match?

Started by pageantry
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pageantry

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone who was on either side of the app cycle last year speak to how the virtual interviewing (plus resultant over-applying, over-interviewing?, etc.) seemed to affect your match? Historically, it seems like we have a 90% chance of matching with five interviews, but that data is from 2018. Did you fall further on your rank list than you expected? If you’re part of a program, have you adjusted your process to account for these changes?
 
I went on 13 interviews last year. It was very tiring and I would recommend it, but the neurotic in me would say otherwise. Matched in my top 5, very happy where I am. Feel free to DM with any specific questions

Still pretty easy to match but it has gotten more competitive recently
 
I went on 13 interviews last year. It was very tiring and I would recommend it, but the neurotic in me would say otherwise. Matched in my top 5, very happy where I am. Feel free to DM with any specific questions

Still pretty easy to match but it has gotten more competitive recently
Did you feel like you got a sense of what the programs' culture was like through the virtual interviews?