How different is it for a DO rather than MD to become a surgeon?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polo423

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, the question pretty much speaks for itself. How more/less difficult or whats the overall different experience had by a DO rather than MD trying to become a surgeon?

Members don't see this ad.

I try to ask a question and this is what I get?? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no difference at all. You go through the exact same steps to become a surgeon from any medical school.

Is this a trick question? Am I missing something?

I try to ask a question and this is what I get?? :)

If it's a serious question ... people laughed it off because it's the same DO topic that has been covered a thousand times. Tex gave you the answer.

We have to go to a magic surgery school which only exists once every century, and there's only one. It's on an island made out of crystal that floats freely along the west coast. To gain access to this crystal island, you have to sacrifice your bf/gf at the altar of DO gods which is located in Sea World.
After 5-6 years of residency, you'll be able to slice skin by laser beam that is shot out of your eyes. By the flick of your finger, you can remove any clothing articles off of your patients, especially hot ones. You can perform surgery while flying above the operation table or just shrink yourself and travel to the site of the problem which is the method that is gaining acceptance due to the minimum invasiveness and rapid recovery period. Oh and your income will be in the form of exotic cars and brand name hand bags. On average, a good DO surgeon will make about 100-110 Lamborghini and 37 Gucci bags.

We have to go to a magic surgery school which only exists once every century, and there's only one. It's on an island made out of crystal that floats freely along the west coast. To gain access to this crystal island, you have to sacrifice your bf/gf at the altar of DO gods which is located in Sea World.
After 5-6 years of residency, you'll be able to slice skin by laser beam that is shot out of your eyes. By the flick of your finger, you can remove any clothing articles off of your patients, especially hot ones. You can perform surgery while flying above the operation table or just shrink yourself and travel to the site of the problem which is the method that is gaining acceptance due to the minimum invasiveness and rapid recovery period. Oh and your income will be in the form of exotic cars and brand name hand bags. On average, a good DO surgeon will make about 100-110 Lamborghini and 37 Gucci bags.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :laugh::laugh:

Request that the mods move this thread to pre-osteopathic/pre-allopathic.

How about a lock instead. This topic has been done to death and this thread is heading downhill fast. OP, do a search.

I'm not even going to let it start to fester into a disgusting pustule. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.