how do-able?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, i'm basically a career changer.
The only sciences I've taken are first class of general chemistry which I got a D+ in, and calc a (grade a), b (grade b), c (d). no other science courses taken.

i graduated from this university already and got my BA. how likely is it that I can get into dental/medical school given these flaws in my grade so far.

Members don't see this ad.

I was in your position two years ago. I graduated with an Econ major and worked for two years. I had pretty bad grades: C and B- in calcs, F and then C in stats. Ugly transcript.

It's an understatement to say that I felt my chances slim to none, but I thought it was now or never, and I would regret it if I gave up before I even tried.

I enrolled in a formal postbacc and got a 3.9, worked, and shadowed. I studied for my DATs and aimed for a 23+.

I'm here today with an interview to one of my top choices, and though it's only an interview and it is only one, it's proof that it's completely and absolutely doable for you whose slate is cleaner than my own :)

My fiancé did the same thing and he's sitting pretty with five interviews. If this is what you want to do, go for it!

Reactions: 2 users
You'll have to retake chemistry and do the rest of the required prereqs. Shadowing and volunteering here and there. I wouldn't worry too much about the math. Doing a postbacc would be good too.

Reactions: 1 user
I was in your position two years ago. I graduated with an Econ major and worked for two years. I had pretty bad grades: C and B- in calcs, F and then C in stats. Ugly transcript.

It's an understatement to say that I felt my chances slim to none, but I thought it was now or never, and I would regret it if I gave up before I even tried.

I enrolled in a formal postbacc and got a 3.9, worked, and shadowed. I studied for my DATs and aimed for a 23+.

I'm here today with an interview to one of my top choices, and though it's only an interview and it is only one, it's proof that it's completely and absolutely doable for you whose slate is cleaner than my own :)

My fiancé did the same thing and he's sitting pretty with five interviews. If this is what you want to do, go for it!

First, congratulations! Thanks for the help, if you don't mind me asking which post-bacc did you go to? You could pm me too :)