how do acceptance letters look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University of Miami acceptance letter is a thin, normal sized letter. They notify by email prior to sending the letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
Don't forget to save rejection letters; you may need them for appeals! :p :p :p

someone from davis said there's a bar that'll give you a beer for each rejection letter. woo-hoo!
beerchug.gif

UVM's acceptance letter comes in a thin, standard business envelope with one piece of paper enclosed.....tricky, tricky!

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by mpp
Mayo's acceptance letter was one sheet of paper in a business-sized envelope.

mpp, do they email notify you first?

I'm relying to this pointless thread because writing my Freud paper is even less fulfilling. Yay senioritis!! :D

Anyway, acceptances from Mt. Sinai come in 8x10 sized envelopes this year.

dartmouth acceptances are in a regular sized envelope, but it was rather thick with paper...

Originally posted by Doctora Foxy
Don't forget to save rejection letters; you may need them for appeals! :p :p :p

Also if you plan to take the mcat a third time (or maybe it's fourth) you need proof of rejection.

I'm saving those babies till I'm in!

I thought you were in med school, DF ?

Originally posted by pocwana
someone from davis said there's a bar that'll give you a beer for each rejection letter. woo-hoo!
beerchug.gif

damn, what am i doing sitting here when i have 6 free* beer vouchers sitting on my kitchen table. if only i knew which bar it was, good thing there is only about 4 in town.

*does not include cost of primary or secondary application fees, plane tickets, hotel stays, or small piece of soul lost due to rejection

Originally posted by Moskeeto
damn, what am i doing sitting here when i 6 free* beer vouchers sitting on my kitchen table. if only i knew which bar it was, good thing there is only about 4 in town.

*does not include cost of primary or secondary application fees, plane tickets, hotel stays, or small piece of soul lost due to rejection

Mind if I join you? Between the two of us, we should at least get a pony keg.

Originally posted by surge
I thought you were in med school, DF ?

check out the date of her post ;)

Anyone know what kinda envelopes acceptances come for Yale and UofPitt?

Kreno

From last year's experience:

Pitt sends a nice, rewarding large envelope.

Yale, I believe, sends out both small and large.

G'luck everybody.

what do you mean both large and small? like, two separate on separate days? Or same day? this is an important distinction :)
kreno

Sorry for the confusion.

I received my official Yale acceptance in a small envelope, though I have heard about others receiving large envelopes. To add to your mail analyzing agony, I actually received first year class info in a large envelope before I received the official acceptance in the small envelope.

If I'm wholly unclear, I apologize again, it's the sudafed.

ha! that's okay! thanks for the help though! it's really so ridiculous that i'm sitting here asking such a lame question - but, i just NEEDED to know! :)

that way when i get my thin letter, i can still have SOME hope it's not a rejection ;)

kreno