How do exceptions work in BCP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Reanimated

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the main site you can note a class that should be included in BCP gpa.

I obviously haven't applied yet and just reading up on the process for next year. There are a few high leveled anthro classes I took, some even had labs. An example would be (ant)Human Genetics. It was a 300 level course about genetics, with global regions as an undertone. Could I include that into bcp?

Or is it really just clear cut bcp?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
On the main site you can note a class that should be included in BCP gpa.

I obviously haven't applied yet and just reading up on the process for next year. There are a few high leveled anthro classes I took, some even had labs. An example would be (ant)Human Genetics. It was a 300 level course about genetics, with global regions as an undertone. Could I include that into bcp?

Or is it really just clear cut bcp?

BCP is only Bio, Chem, Physics. If it's not BIOL454356 or CHEM244325 they wont include it in your BCP, but they will include it in your science GPA. I went through the same thing last year.

BCP is only Bio, Chem, Physics. If it's not BIOL454356 or CHEM244325 they wont include it in your BCP, but they will include it in your science GPA. I went through the same thing last year.

Ah they include it in your science gpa? Is anthropology a nonscience

Ah they include it in your science gpa? Is anthropology a nonscience

Anthropology would be regarded as non science; however, if you mark it as science while completing your aadsas, while reviewing your course work they will take the course name and relevancy into account. For example I had a course SRM600 included into my science GPA. SRM=Statistical Research Methods, a non science call number. But since the course WAS Biostatistics, they included it in my science GPA.