How do guys in med school meet girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tell your wing man to go up to the pretty girl and tell her you're gonna be a doctor. I swear to God, our profession is so sexy it will turn even the most selective girls onto you, even if you are sporting gynecomastia and all the other stigmata of chronic liver dz. Just make sure to get a pre nup.

In all seriousness, though, if you are single now that's a good predictor of being single for the rest of your life. Like me. Just gotta get used to being alone. Manuella will never betray you.

No, false. Just because you are single in med school doesn't mean you'll be so thereafter. Speak for yourself.

But on the real, why look for a girlfriend in med school? The thought of having one depresses me slightly, honestly. How about getting an arrangement, no-strings attached dating?
 
Serious question.

Almost every good looking girl in our class is in a serious relationship. Even the average girls are pretty settled, and I am not dating a chubby or fat girl under any circumstances.

Every club or bar I've been to in this city has had way more guys than girls. Tonight, I went to a club where there were easily 2 guys for every girl. Most of the girls were in strong social circles, so it wasn't easy to approach at all.

What am I supposed to do about this? I don't want to be alone for four years.


Have you tried talking to them? That might work.

😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Match.com/OKCupid/Plentyoffish is running pretty rampant amongst those that are even the slightest bit older (25-26+).

I completely second the "here we go again". There is a thread on the same page that covers all the same info. Search function is your friend, OP.

I checked those websites but never registered(or registered but did not fill out any profile). It is plainly obvious that a very small subset of population registers on those website. I can say that even if you set the filter to slender and blonde, most women on there are still mediocre looking. And I bet even some of those mediocre women would reject me. I worked hard to succeed in med school, so I do not see how any reasonable med student would be interested in those websites? On that note, most girls in my class are also ugly and old. A woman should be significantly younger than a man, unless she's a 10.
 
I checked those websites but never registered(or registered but did not fill out any profile). It is plainly obvious that a very small subset of population registers on those website. I can say that even if you set the filter to slender and blonde, most women on there are still mediocre looking. And I bet even some of those mediocre women would reject me. I worked hard to succeed in med school, so I do not see how any reasonable med student would be interested in those websites? On that note, most girls in my class are also ugly and old. A woman should be significantly younger than a man, unless she's a 10.

Maybe the girls feel the same about you 😛

But really, maybe you're just using them wrong. If you only filter to slender and blonde, don't ever expect to get quick results. You have to wait. Same in real life. especially since you'll get rejected a lot in real life as well.
 
Talking about jobs, schools, politics, religion, weather and other mundane stuff won't get you anywhere. you have to try to connect deeper and talk something fun and adventurous, at least in night setting. What you are decreasing is a concept called "Fool's Gold." People do get lucky here and there in drunk college parties, but they hardly do outside of such environment. You haven't been out in the real world much eh?

Been pulling tail for the last 10 years broseph. It doesn't take rocket science to talk to a woman whether it's in a bar, club, grocery store, starbucks, or wherever. And when you live in a nice place like LA, SF, and NY it's even better. Like I said before, if you already have game, pulling the med student card is icing on the cake...
 
Last edited:
I checked those websites but never registered(or registered but did not fill out any profile). It is plainly obvious that a very small subset of population registers on those website. I can say that even if you set the filter to slender and blonde, most women on there are still mediocre looking. And I bet even some of those mediocre women would reject me. I worked hard to succeed in med school, so I do not see how any reasonable med student would be interested in those websites? On that note, most girls in my class are also ugly and old. A woman should be significantly younger than a man, unless she's a 10.

I'm glad that at least one other person feels online dating is bad for meeting good looking, skinny girls.
 
Last edited:
Been pulling tail for the last 10 years broseph. It doesn't take rocket science to talk to a woman whether it's in a bar, club, grocery store, starbucks, or wherever. And when you live in a nice place like LA, SF, and NY it's even better. Like I said before, if you already have game, pulling the med student card is icing on the cake...

If some guy tried to use the "and btw I'm a med student" line on me, I would probably roll my eyes and walk away. Do people really use that stuff as pick up lines??
 
If some guy tried to use the "and btw I'm a med student" line on me, I would probably roll my eyes and walk away. Do people really use that stuff as pick up lines??

Only an idiot would use that as a pickup line. It's one of many tools and all about delivery. Saying "btw I'm a med student" is definitely try-hard.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If some guy tried to use the "and btw I'm a med student" line on me, I would probably roll my eyes and walk away. Do people really use that stuff as pick up lines??
:laugh: All the time with a resounding Y.E.S., yes, equally for the in-the-training, the trained, the in-the-training-self-proclaimed, and the self-proclaimed.🙄
 
That's why you say you're a "doctor." Most broads won't know the difference between med student/resident/attending, and "doctor" sounds better. :naughty:
 
If some guy tried to use the "and btw I'm a med student" line on me, I would probably roll my eyes and walk away. Do people really use that stuff as pick up lines??

I was in a grad program for people just trying to get IN to med school, and I remember being out with guys who were applying and they would tell that to girls. Ridiculous.
 
We don't 'try' to meet girls - there is not much time in med school to think abt relationships etc. However, when there is free time we just hang out with classmates most of which happen to be girls in my case
 
Except when it later turns out that "drop dead good looking guy" actually went to herp-ferd college

yeah, except he really went to Harvard. we're still good friends two years later. not the shirt guy though.

I can say that even if you set the filter to slender and blonde, most women on there are still mediocre looking. And I bet even some of those mediocre women would reject me. I worked hard to succeed in med school, so I do not see how any reasonable med student would be interested in those websites? On that note, most girls in my class are also ugly and old. A woman should be significantly younger than a man, unless she's a 10.

uh, no. are you from Afghanistan?

Not sure if trolling or if there are really this many chauvinists on this thread...

it's a little creepy.

^ = someone who's not getting laid

^ = someone who hates women
 
If some guy tried to use the "and btw I'm a med student" line on me, I would probably roll my eyes and walk away. Do people really use that stuff as pick up lines??

well, if he throws it in like a ****** he's already not smooth. but here is how it works.

Boy A is slightly above average looking and he mentions his job as a mechanic... so you dance or whatever but you don't have anything left to say because you couldn't give a crap unless you're in a very weird mood with enough alcohol that he still seems fun fun. for now.

Boy B, slightly below avg is somehow in a position to keep talking to you... friend of a friend or party where it's rude to be dismissive... mentions med school. cool, you can ask some doctor stuff. he's nice. seems he'd be good as a friend to keep. hey, maybe he'd prescribe stuff I need at some point.

Boy C...slightly above avg looks... asked what he does for fun... hilariously squeezes in that he's too busy studying to have fun... medical school comes up... yeah, he shamelessly wanted to drop it in but so what, now I might be interested in how he thinks, what he likes, whether he'd be um, a keeper in the bedroom. that's my pattern for what it's worth.

one time at a club the guy said he was a doctor so I asked a couple medical details and he bailed lmfao
 
Last edited:
We don't 'try' to meet girls - there is not much time in med school to think abt relationships etc. However, when there is free time we just hang out with classmates most of which happen to be girls in my case

Most of the people in my class are dudes (roughly 60:40 ratio). At any get-together or whatever the ratio balloons to about 75:25.
 
well, if he throws it in like a ****** he's already not smooth. but here is how it works.

Boy A is slightly above average looking and he mentions his job as a mechanic... so you dance or whatever but you don't have anything left to say because you couldn't give a crap unless you're in a very weird mood with enough alcohol that he still seems fun fun. for now.

Boy B, slightly below avg is somehow in a position to keep talking to you... friend of a friend or party where it's rude to be dismissive... mentions med school. cool, you can ask some doctor stuff. he's nice. seems he'd be good as a friend to keep. hey, maybe he'd prescribe stuff I need at some point.

Boy C...slightly above avg looks... asked what he does for fun... hilariously squeezes in that he's too busy studying to have fun... medical school comes up... yeah, he shamelessly wanted to drop it in but so what, now I might be interested in how he thinks, what he likes, whether he'd be um, a keeper in the bedroom. that's my pattern for what it's worth.

one time at a club the guy said he was a doctor so I asked a couple medical details and he bailed lmfao

Anastoooooooooo I'm back from Bali and jet lagged as **** 🙁


Also,I think my response to that, regardless of looks, would be the same- except maybe with the addition of "I don't date students. Or dbags."
 
Last edited:
Okay, let's address this analytically from the top. OP, which city are you in? I'll agree with you on cities. When I was in SF...guys ten times hotter than in Austin were like crawling on their knees to talk to me. While in Austin, we are so saturated with pretty girls that I don't get that same "kid in a candy store who can pick out whatever she wants" feeling. And talking to others, it's a fact...in SF even cute guys with awesome jobs are hard-up for pretty girls. Even the very average girls in SF barely make an effort to look good and still have massive attitude. Because they can.

I miss Texas so much. 🙁

2 more years...
 
Serious question.

Almost every good looking girl in our class is in a serious relationship. Even the average girls are pretty settled, and I am not dating a chubby or fat girl under any circumstances.

Every club or bar I've been to in this city has had way more guys than girls. Tonight, I went to a club where there were easily 2 guys for every girl. Most of the girls were in strong social circles, so it wasn't easy to approach at all.

What am I supposed to do about this? I don't want to be alone for four years.

You'll get a PM. Actually, I'll just put it here. I've been doing this for a long time now.
Bars/clubs done it in several different cities and had more success getting numbers and then going out with her later that weekend or next weekend then I have with convincing girls to hang out that night. If you like getting shot down go for it. Also, it looks really lame to see some guys who are obviously only there to hit on girls. I usually go with one or two other guys but it doesn't matter. Blend in and mingle with a few guys outside your group too. It makes you look friendlier and has opened avenues (guy with girlfriend has roommate). Sent a bunch of stuff about online dating, approaches, and texting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, if he throws it in like a ****** he's already not smooth. but here is how it works.

Boy A is slightly above average looking and he mentions his job as a mechanic... so you dance or whatever but you don't have anything left to say because you couldn't give a crap unless you're in a very weird mood with enough alcohol that he still seems fun fun. for now.

Boy B, slightly below avg is somehow in a position to keep talking to you... friend of a friend or party where it's rude to be dismissive... mentions med school. cool, you can ask some doctor stuff. he's nice. seems he'd be good as a friend to keep. hey, maybe he'd prescribe stuff I need at some point.

Boy C...slightly above avg looks... asked what he does for fun... hilariously squeezes in that he's too busy studying to have fun... medical school comes up... yeah, he shamelessly wanted to drop it in but so what, now I might be interested in how he thinks, what he likes, whether he'd be um, a keeper in the bedroom. that's my pattern for what it's worth.

one time at a club the guy said he was a doctor so I asked a couple medical details and he bailed lmfao

Sup?
 
After failing the Anatomy exam today, I think it's safe to say that I need to study and focus a lot more if I want to get through these four years.

At this point I really don't know how you guys have time for marriage/dating/children/being a mack daddy/etc while still getting through med school.
 
After failing the Anatomy exam today, I think it's safe to say that I need to study and focus a lot more if I want to get through these four years.

At this point I really don't know how you guys have time for marriage/dating/children/being a mack daddy/etc while still getting through med school.

tell us what you got wrong.
 
After failing the Anatomy exam today, I think it's safe to say that I need to study and focus a lot more if I want to get through these four years.

At this point I really don't know how you guys have time for marriage/dating/children/being a mack daddy/etc while still getting through med school.

Some of us just know how to live life like a BAUCE
 
After failing the Anatomy exam today, I think it's safe to say that I need to study and focus a lot more if I want to get through these four years.

At this point I really don't know how you guys have time for marriage/dating/children/being a mack daddy/etc while still getting through med school.

Once you find a study pattern that works for you, you will (depending on your goals) likely be able to have time for an actual life. Hang in there.
 
I don't now if this has been mentioned yet, and I won't read the rest of the thread, but you have to talk to women while you are in medical school to meet them. They are literally ALL over the place. I can't go almost anywhere without seeing a woman. Good luck.
 
[\chauvinism] women like to be talked to, you know this cultural thing, it is disrespectful for a guy to be talked from a woman without him wording her first[/chauvinism]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's a secret catalogue you may not have gotten yet. Yeah, it's a listing of gals from Easter Europe that jet on over to hold your hand (who knows what else too), but if you ask around I'm sure some of your pals will share their double secret gal shopper catalogue. It's part of your tuition . . . You do know that, right?

ohh
i was wondering why it's been jumping 10% a year
 
I don't buy the ratio, what cities actually have that much more men than women? Isn't it a fact of American life that single women outfactor single men by 2 in major cities?
 
No, false. Just because you are single in med school doesn't mean you'll be so thereafter. Speak for yourself.

But on the real, why look for a girlfriend in med school? The thought of having one depresses me slightly, honestly. How about getting an arrangement, no-strings attached dating?

This man knows what's up.
 
I don't buy the ratio, what cities actually have that much more men than women? Isn't it a fact of American life that single women outfactor single men by 2 in major cities?

lol. no. unless you count the geriatric population maybe. In general there are more men than women in any population until around age 30 when there is a slight shift and women increase due to the falling off of the male population. More boys are born than girls.
 
I don't buy the ratio, what cities actually have that much more men than women? Isn't it a fact of American life that single women outfactor single men by 2 in major cities?

If that's the case, major cities are probably not the best place to find dudes....instead they be hiding in dem suburbs or even farms!