How do guys in med school meet girls?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll just respond to say this. Guys are crazy picky about looks. Guys saying women are picky about looks is like quantum mechanics saying basket weaving is tough to learn. I'm saying this as a guy.
Also. If you're looking for a woman who can't challenge you intellectually, you're doing it wrong. If you feel emasculated by a woman who makes more money than you, you've got some stuff you gotta work out before you enter the dating pool.
And ladies, if this is what you're seeing out there, fish in a different pond.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
I'll just respond to say this. Guys are crazy picky about looks. Guys saying women are picky about looks is like quantum mechanics saying basket weaving is tough to learn. I'm saying this as a guy.
Also. If you're looking for a woman who can't challenge you intellectually, you're doing it wrong. If you feel emasculated by a woman who makes more money than you, you've got some stuff you gotta work out before you enter the dating pool.
I'm not single but I speak for a lot of guys when I say that they have trouble finding someone who they have mutual attraction with.

I'm not single but I speak for a lot of guys when I say that they have trouble finding someone who they have mutual attraction with.

That's because guys that look like Homer Simpson expect women who look like Megan Fox to find them attractive. If guys approached buying cars like dating, no guys would own any cars because they just can't seem to land that Ferrari that they know they deserve on their part time McDonald's salary.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In my experience intelligent girls are overly picky about the guy's looks. I see it in my class pretty much all the time and among my female friends too.

But I just wanted someone who I find totally gorgeous! But he also needs to be smart and sweet and have a nice family! And a good career! Why is this too much to ask for?!

But I just wanted someone who I find totally gorgeous! But he also needs to be smart and sweet and have a nice family! And a good career! Why is this too much to ask for?!

I'm just looking for a pretty face that likes me
Second part is the problem

Everyone has different definitions of attraction. For example, I personally, don't understand the big deal with blondes. Having lived half my life in SoCal and then spent some time in Sweden among REAL blondes, I'm just not physically into blondes. I've dated blonde people but for their personality, not their hair color or perceived attractiveness to others. (Why the obsession with Ferraris? I loved my Fiat. Damn you Pope Francis for making it trendy!).

Am I the only person who actually found that Elliot Rodgers dude physically attractive? I would have totally cougared that. Except he had a thing for blondes....*sigh* Or maybe I just like oddballs.

Pretty faces are a dime a dozen. If a man can't hold a polysyllabic conversation about something other than his designer labels, his abs, or his car, I'm like NEXT!

I'd rather have a man with an interesting face than a pretty boy one.

Everyone has different definitions of attraction. For example, I personally, don't understand the big deal with blondes. Having lived half my life in SoCal and then spent some time in Sweden among REAL blondes, I'm just not physically into blondes. I've dated blonde people but for their personality, not their hair color or perceived attractiveness to others. (Why the obsession with Ferraris? I loved my Fiat. Damn you Pope Francis for making it trendy!).

Am I the only person who actually found that Elliot Rodgers dude physically attractive? I would have totally cougared that. Except he had a thing for blondes....*sigh* Or maybe I just like oddballs.

Funny you say blonde. So..I'm an Indian girl with very blonde hair. And until I started getting my hair dyed blonde, I never quite felt like myself.

Although he was mentally ill the sad thing is that there are a lot of guys like him who have actually endured dozens of rejections despite being average/normal.

Jesus, you speak as if men have a right to be with women. "They endure" dozens of rejections. You have no right to someone's affections, no matter your face, how much you deadlift, the size of your bank account, or the prestige of your profession. You have to be a human and make genuine connections with people. If you are rejected constantly, change something up. Self reflect. Focus on yourself and what makes you happy and fulfilled and find someone else who challenges you and makes your day a little bit better and vice versa. If they're "hot," great, but everything sags someday so it's probably better to focus on finding someone you can imagine sharing a paper with on the porch when you're 70; someone who will remember to make you take your statin and watch the grapefruit juice.

Reactions: 3 users
The oversimplification of males and females is a little disturbing. Don't take it from me, but the minute you stop categorizing people with statements like "med school girls act like this" and "men are just intimidated by me"..."average girls are too picky" (not trying to particularly attack anyone thats just what immediately came to my mind) you might just live a much happier life. Stop making excuses for OTHER people to justify why YOU are single.

Relationships are not like applying for a job. If you get rejected from a job and have a great resume, I'll give you your mourning period for "enduring" that rejection. But can anyone wrap their heads around the idea that most people are not trying to be your partner/date you regardless of how great your resume is....and that's okay because it's their choice. Yes, females and males will get rejected. That's life.

Not trying to turn SDN into a dating site
Sure...;). How you doin'?

No one wants a smart woman.
Not true. I'd say most men prefear smart women, but smartness isn't obviously the main attribute men look for in a woman. Single women who are both smart and attractive are more rare than women who posses only one of those traits, so men are more willing to settle for a physically atractive dumb chick than a smart and ugly one.

Men want a girl to make them sandwiches and serve them beer
Maybe in a cartoon version of the fifties. Most men these days want their SO to have a comparatively similar level of education and income, as evidenced by all the gold digger paranoia threads on this site.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, what? I thought I already replied in this thread.
Or is this another thread about the same thing that I responded to?
Well,
It involves 3 measure gin, 1 measure vodka, 1/2 white lillet and lemon peel.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
:claps:

That's because guys that look like Homer Simpson expect women who look like Megan Fox to find them attractive. If guys approached buying cars like dating, no guys would own any cars because they just can't seem to land that Ferrari that they know they deserve on their part time McDonald's salary.
Not really. How your face looks is mostly genetic and it's what women care about the most (I'm sure in this thread everyone will agree if they're being honest). Things like being well dressed, groomed and so on are requirements. A nice body can elevate someone's attractiveness but not by that much.
I'm well aware of personality being very important but people have to be found attractive at the start to get to that step. Otherwise people wouldn't complain about not getting second dates despite having a great first date.

Wait, what? I thought I already replied in this thread.
Or is this another thread about the same thing that I responded to?
Well,
It involves 3 measure gin, 1 measure vodka, 1/2 white lillet and lemon peel.

a vesper martini is not always the answer

That's not what I said. I'm saying there are guys who are decent all around who endure a very long list of rejections.
I get it, bro:
"Nice guys finish last, man" --> Said no actual nice guy...ever.

I get it, bro:
"Nice guys finish last, man" --> Said no actual nice guy...ever.
The nice guy/jerk thing is a myth. You need to be in between... otherwise you're turning the girl off.

Everyone likes to overcomplicate the dating thing as if it's rocket science. You need mutual attraction as well as chemistry/compatibility, that's it.

Although I disagree where it said there is no circumstances where a girl is obligated to sex you up. If you have ever been stood up by a hooker, ****'s infuriating.

No that has never happened to me

The nice guy/jerk thing is a myth

Says the male.
It's not a myth. That's why that buzzfeed post is so hilarious to so many girls because it resonates with us 100%.

And I completely agree with you...you need mutual attraction and chemistry. That's why men who have "endured" rejections need to understand that they're not compatible with every female they come across and therefore shouldn't be too hung up on rejection.

just wait till you're done with residency, you'll be 35ish give or take 5 years with good job security yet all the women at that age who haven't had kids yet will be panicking about menopause. That's where you come in

Please never follow this advice. Unless he's a troll and I'm being rick Trolled right now. Age 24 - 30 are your physical golden years as a young man. Your boner will never be as reliable as it is now (well it was a little TOO reliable at age 17 probably perhaps at more inopportune times like math class). Whip yourself into shape, use all that testosterone god gave you and put it to good fuarkin use brother. Forget Tinder forget trying to meet girls at packed night clubs. Talk to chicks in the library or on a bus if they're not wearing headphones. Talk to girls anywhere. Day game day game day game to set up your night game brahhh.

Seems like someone isn't afraid to complain to the better business bureau for substandard service. Good man!

"Miss, I will have you know that I am a yelp reviewer"

Reactions: 2 users
Please never follow this advice. Unless he's a troll and I'm being rick Trolled right now. Age 24 - 30 are your physical golden years as a young man. Your boner will never be as reliable as it is now (well it was a little TOO reliable at age 17 probably perhaps at more inopportune times like math class). Whip yourself into shape, use all that testosterone god gave you and put it to good fuarkin use brother. Forget Tinder forget trying to meet girls at packed night clubs. Talk to chicks in the library or on a bus if they're not wearing headphones. Talk to girls anywhere. Day game day game day game to set up your night game brahhh.
Amen. Golden years are before 30. I'd actually say late teens until mid 20s are the true prime years and for many this can maintain into late 20s.

The best way for a guy to get some female attention is to do squats and wear flattering jeans

Amen. Golden years are before 30. I'd actually say late teens until mid 20s are the true prime years and for many this can maintain into late 20s.
It all has to do with how you maintain your health. I carried through to my early late 20s/early 30s. Part of it was maintaining working out and ****. The other was not being all about getting with every girl you meet. It's a balance. Some girls are better off as friends: outside opinions and possibly hook ups with other girls.

It all has to do with how you maintain your health. I carried through to my early late 20s/early 30s. Part of it was maintaining working out and ****. The other was not being all about getting with every girl you meet. It's a balance. Some girls are better off as friends: outside opinions and possibly hook ups with other girls.

Well naturally how you look goes downhill as you age since that's a key element of aging itself. Quality women also are in relationships in their early 20s for the most part and the percentage is quite high once you hit mid 20s and beyond.
So I think without a doubt the best years are late teens and early 20s (it ends once you start med school if you were on the pre-med route). You have the highest percentage of quality single girls and also have the most free time to use.