How do I address a medical school in an email??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnwandering

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sending an email to medical schools concerning what i've been doing the past few months.

I was wondering how to address medical schools in these emails...

"Dear whom it may concern at XXX School of Medicine"
"Dear whom it may concern"
"Dear XXX School of Medicine"
"Dear admissions committee at XXX School of Medicine"

???

Members don't see this ad.

I am sending an email to medical schools concerning what i've been doing the past few months.

I was wondering how to address medical schools in these emails...

"Dear whom it may concern at XXX School of Medicine"
"Dear whom it may concern"
"Dear XXX School of Medicine"
"Dear admissions committee at XXX School of Medicine"

???

To whom it may concern,

Unless you are writing it directly to the director of admissions or something...

What exactly are you writing to them about?

To whom it may concern--that would be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or you can look up the director of admissions and send an email to him/her instead with updates. Seems like a better idea than doing a to whom it may concern since it's EMAIL. If you were sending via SNAIL MAIL than yes, a to whom it may concern makes sense as you don't know who's gonna be reading it.

Or you can look up the director of admissions and send an email to him/her instead with updates. Seems like a better idea than doing a to whom it may concern since it's EMAIL. If you were sending via SNAIL MAIL than yes, a to whom it may concern makes sense as you don't know who's gonna be reading it.

This. Worked for me...

Yea, it shouldn't be hard to find the Director of Admissions' email for most schools. If you can't and only know the general admissions contact email then address it to XXX Office of Admissions or whom it may concern should be fine

On a related note, anyone know the best way to phrase a withdrawal email/letter (like with multiple acceptances and/or interview withdrawal)?

On a related note, anyone know the best way to phrase a withdrawal email/letter (like with multiple acceptances and/or interview withdrawal)?

Why would you ask this? Its not like if don't sound professional they'll tell the other medical schools. Just say I would like to respectfully decline your offer of acceptance. Thank you for considering me. Boom.