General How do I balance between O Chem and Physics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord999

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am an undergrad at a quarter school and this upcoming quarter I will be taking ochem II and physics I. I have never taken physics ever and am afraid I will not be able to balance it with ochem II. I walked out of ochem I with an A, but I feel like my fundamental understanding of organic chemistry is still weak. Along with these two classes, I will be taking bio lab and have a lot of extracurriculars.

What should I be doing this quarter to ensure my success in both of these courses?
Glib Answer: Appropriately budget the time for both.

Serious Answer: For Physics, you rarely fail the class on physics concepts but on math. If your math is not quite there (depending if you take the Cal-based version), I would suggest you consider deferring Physics I until your math is comfortable.

Severe Answer: These sorts of class balances are required for preprofessional as professional school is quite intensive. You should expect between 12 and 18 contact hours in science alone in most programs that none of them are easy classes. You should figure out how to balance the load now as it gets quite a bit worse in professional training. Also, this is not a hard term by a long shot. Depending on what your undergraduate major is, these are fundamental classes where the upper division is much more detailed.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.