How do I get into medical school with a 3.0 GPA in Business Administration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nontraddoc00081

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Reaction score
Hi,
I went to Fayetteville State University and earned a BS in Business Administration with a 3.0 GPA What are my options if I want to get accepted to medical school?

1. Should I attend a local community college and complete my pre-medical courses as an Associate in Science?

2. Should I return to my University for a second bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biology?

3. Should I complete a Masters in Biomedical Sciences (MBS) or a Masters in Public Health (MPH)?

I really don’t want to complete a Post-baccalaureate since I live near a four year college campus anyway and they don’t offer a post baccalaureate premed certificate.

I didn’t graduate with honors and I never served in the military.

What are my financial aid options?

Do I have a path to an MD?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Read: Goro's Guide for Reinvention

Have you completed your pre-requisite courses? If you have not, you will need to to apply. Some business courses count towards your science GPA, but not all. It's possible that you might be able to have a science GPA that is competitive if you ace your pre-requisite courses.

Why do you not want to do a post-baccalaureate? Most people do if they need GPA repair - I did. You don't have to attend a specific program but you can just sign up to take the required courses. If you have all the pre-requisites, you can take other high level science courses to boost your science GPA. Most universities allow individuals to take courses as a non-degree seeking student.

Doing an entire degree is excessive and unnecessary. Don't get an MPH - it won't count towards your science GPA. If you want to do a science masters, consider an SMP (special masters program), preferably one with linkage to a medical school.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s a relatively simple process. I also had a degree in business administration.

go back to school, declare a major so you can receive financial aid. Take the required prereqs, do well in them. Do some volunteering/other nominal ECs Take the mcat. Do well on it. Get in to med school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,
I went to Fayetteville State University and earned a BS in Business Administration with a 3.0 GPA What are my options if I want to get accepted to medical school?

2. Should I return to my University for a second bachelors degree in Chemistry or Biology?
Technically you don't need a full bachelor's degree - just the pre-requisites; however, with your GPA you will likely benefit from having the extra classes to boost your cumulative GPA. In other words, I'd go the second bachelor's route.

Reactions: 1 user