Medical How do I list same job with two different companies in AMCAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, I had a quick question about putting an experience into AMCAS. I worked as an EMT this past year with two different companies. One was primarily transport and the other is strictly 911 response. Since I would need two different contacts, how would I put this into AMCAS? I don't want to use half my narrative to put in contact information for the other company, but it seems like my only choice. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!
You have the option of using two spaces. If that won't work, the contact info for the second can be markedly abbreviated to an office (like the payroll office or HR) and either a phone or email. You don't need to list a person, as the contact just confirms the timeframe of employment. It's not meant to be a reference.

Members don't see this ad.

Would something like this suffice for the experience? I would include the contact information of the second job in the header.

Wanting to gain more hands-on experience with patients, I became an EMT this past year. Working in both emergency and non-emergency settings, I have strengthened my attention to detail, physical assessments, and history taking. It has been gratifying to provide care to patients during their worst moments and comfort them during stressful health emergencies. With every shift, I am learning how to better communicate and effectively serve patients’ physical and mental needs. I have worked the following hours:

Veterans Medical Transport (Fayetteville, GA): 350 hours (Supervisor – Jamie Maxwell: 678-545-3083)

American Medical Response (Stone Mountain, GA): 150 hours + 250 (projected into September)
I would list the second job at the top of the space if the header information belongs to it. Listing in reverse chronological order is common.

I'm glad to see that you made the projected hours clear, and distinct from the completed hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.