how do I use my computer to PRINT on secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anyone figured out a relatively easy way to print on the original secondaries using your computer. i have a scanner also. I thought of scanning the whole seconary then typing in my answeres and somewhole deleting the background to run the o.g. copy through the printer, but can't figure a way to do that. anyone, please?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, what you can do is put a blank paper on top of the secondary, and trace the regions where you want your text to be printed. it
tracepage.jpg

Then make 3-4 copies of this page with the tracing on it, and put them in the printer.
Then just try to format your text in Microsoft Word (or any other word processing program) until it fits inside those squares when printed.
Once you have everything lined up, then just put in your original secondary in the printer, and voila !! your text fits in perfectly in the boxes
**** Just as a precaution, make atlest one copy of your secondary, in case your printer screws up for some bizzare reason.***
-Ace

I would recommend buying label paper and printing on that. In the label section there is labels that are as large as the sheet of paper. You can then print your essays onto that, and cut them out to fit your questions.

Josh

Members don't see this ad :)
Great idea, Josh, although Ace's method would
produce a really spiffy looking app if one had the patience for it.

I just use the rulers on the sides of microsoft word. They are very accurate. I just print it on a plain page before i print it on the secondary to see if it matches. Its been working good so far!

This is what I've dones successfully, using Microsoft Word:

- First, make copies of the secondary, or, if it's in PDF as some apps are, print some samples out.
- Open Word on a new file.
- Use menu Insert -> Picture -> From Scanner
- Your scanner software comes up, scan in a page of the application in low resolution B&W to save time.
- The image will be imported on top of the page.
- Resize the image to take up the entire page.
- Bring image to the background using the popup menu on top of the image.
- Use Insert -> Text Box to put an "x" in the top left corner and bottom right corner.
- Print a test page on one of your application copies.
- (Make sure to delete the background image first every time you print.)
- To calibrate the image to the right size, resize the image so the x's appear where they should be. Print and repeat until they correspond.
- Remove the two x's, and put text boxes where the entry fields are. Remember to remove the border and make the background transparent on the text boxes.
- Print ad libitum.

Takes time, but works for me.