How do my AAMC practice scores look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riqwnx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my exam is this week I have done most of the AAMC practice MCAT

4: 27 (10, 8, 9)
5: 31 (10, 11, 10)
7: 30 (10, 8, 12)
8: 30 (10, 10, 10)
9: 30 (10, 9, 11)
10: 31 (9, 9, 13)
11 will take this week

Has anyone had similar practice test scores that could comment on how well this translated to the real MCAT? I would be fine with a 30 or higher honestly, I took the mcat last year and got a 28.
I feel like I can get at least a 10 on both PS and BS but verbal hasn't really settled and I feel like its just luck of the draw...

Members don't see this ad.

If you're looking for validation, I almost guarantee your actual score will be AAMC average +/- 2. Verbal is not luck of the draw, you have to approach analyzing what you got wrong as "I got this wrong, how do I get it right on the next passage." You can't argue with what's wrong, because you're wrong. Changing my mind set from man this is stupid to ok, I was wrong and here's why, helped me improve verbal.

Well, in my experience, I averaged about a 23 on my AAMCs (I took AAMCs 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11) the first time I took it, and got a 22 on the real thing.

I'm taking it again. I'm shooting for at least a 30, so I'm interested in your scores, if you haven't noticed (haha). May I ask what you did exactly to get that jump from a 27 to a 31? My two AAMC scores so far are a 25, and I'd like to break into the 30s soon. I'm currently working on my weak concepts.

They are very indicative. As stated, some score typically in a range of 2 points higher or lower than their AAMC average.

Based on that logic, I wouldn't take the exam unless you are averaging 2 points above a score you consider great (if possible)

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, in my experience, I averaged about a 23 on my AAMCs (I took AAMCs 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, and 11) the first time I took it, and got a 22 on the real thing.

I'm taking it again. I'm shooting for at least a 30, so I'm interested in your scores, if you haven't noticed (haha). May I ask what you did exactly to get that jump from a 27 to a 31? My two AAMC scores so far are a 25, and I'd like to break into the 30s soon. I'm currently working on my weak concepts.

I took the AAMC 4 before I started studying really. Ive been using exam krackers and I have mostly been doing intensive content review. I found that a lot of my mistakes were from forgetting certain concepts and facts so my focus has been on my foundation. When I took the mcat last summer I think I averaged around a 28 on practice tests. I think the biggest difference this time is that I have slowed down my thought process during the test. Obviously you need to move quickly, but I never answer a question without thinking carefully about everything I know about the topic.

From my experience, the AAMC tests were very good predictors. My AAMC average, which includes all the tests, was 33.6, and my real test was 34.