How do we go about having SDN add "Sub-Forums"? I'd like to see an OMT Sub-Forum added to the Medical Students - DO Forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeikoTanaka

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I enjoy OMT. And, as much as the internet demonizes OMT, I know there is a lot of people out who are very middle-of-the-road on their thoughts/perceptions of OMT and are less radicalized with vitriol against it. I would like to have an OMT Sub Forum added, where individuals who enjoy aspects of OMT can share research/devise ways of utilizing OMT/ and discuss it free from blind criticism.

I understand the sub-forum may not get a ton of activity, but I think it could be a great place for incoming students to gain exposure to what to expect in OMM labs when they start DO school. It could also be a place for research to be shared to try and validate certain practices and look at the efficacy of certain practices.

I know, I'm going to get a ton of hate on this post. Post away, it won't affect me one way or another.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I enjoy OMT. And, as much as the internet demonizes OMT, I know there is a lot of people out who are very middle-of-the-road on their thoughts/perceptions of OMT and are less radicalized with vitriol against it. I would like to have an OMT Sub Forum added, where individuals who enjoy aspects of OMT can share research/devise ways of utilizing OMT/ and discuss it free from blind criticism.

I understand the sub-forum may not get a ton of activity, but I think it could be a great place for incoming students to gain exposure to what to expect in OMM labs when they start DO school. It could also be a place for research to be shared to try and validate certain practices and look at the efficacy of certain practices.

I know, I'm going to get a ton of hate on this post. Post away, it won't affect me one way or another.

My man, 10/10 troll post. You're going places.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As someone who hates OMT with the passion of a thousand burning suns, I actually don't think this is a bad idea. If people want to do it and get better at it, that's their prerogative and should have a place to discuss it. There's been a number of threads about OMT dress code, test prep, and things that were overall good to hear from other students on this forum during med school and having a more targeted place for that information seems reasonable.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.