How Do You Deal With This?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes so if you scored 95% while the rest of class scored 60%, you raised the mean.

Right, but in some (many?) professors' opinions, if they write a test and someone is capable of scoring near-perfect on it, it doesn't need to have a curve (i.e. it's not hard enough) and so one person who scores almost perfect will break the curve.

The rest of the class should have studied harder and the op should have kept his grades to himself.

Right, but in some (many?) professors' opinions, if they write a test and someone is capable of scoring near-perfect on it, it doesn't need to have a curve (i.e. it's not hard enough) and so one person who scores almost perfect will break the curve.

The rest of the class should have studied harder and the op should have kept his grades to himself.

how many times do i have to repeat the fact that i dont give out my grades, my professor passes out the tests with the GRADES IN CLEAR SIGHT TO ALL WHO WANT TO PEEK
but yes, the professor mentality you described = my professor

I've never seen one professor who allows others to see what grade you've gotten. And isn't there something called academic confidentiality? I'm almost positive the professor can't show other people how you score, because I know my parents have had problems trying to access my scores without me knowing.