How do you do well in ophtho elective

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Merlin0082

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I just started a 1 month ophtho elective in my third year. I have been trying to keep up with ophthobook, but I'm honestly barely able to keep up, much less excel.

How does one do 'well' in an ophtho elective with such superspecialized ophtho docs?
 
Same as any other rotation, except you're not expected to know much. Basically show up, be enthusiastic and listen. Try to learn the ocular exam using the slit lamp and visualize the fundus clearly. Do that and you'll impress everybody. Don't get bogged down in trying to learn too much complex pathology.