How do you guys clear your head?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good music (rap, hip-hop, pop, and electronic), nice long fast drives, running, good night's sleep.

Members don't see this ad.

I read a short book...Animorphs, as silly as it sounds, are perfect brain breaks. Each one takes less than 30min to read, it's action-y so you don't get sleepy or bored, each one is self-contained so you don't get stuck and go for a binge (I find that TV shows are very well designed to make you keep watching once you start), and it's completely fun so it really does let your brain off the hook for your real-world stuff. I found a website with the entire series in .pdf during a a crazy finals period - I missed a week of class prior to finals for a health thing and had 1 full week of work to make up, + the lost studying, + normal finals, AND I was already stressed about the thing that caused me to miss a week in the first place...that series helped me rock out that week, for sure. Plus, when you read them in order there's actually character growth and a huge plot arc throughout which you miss in each individual book.

Zomeegerzzzz I remember reading that series in middle school! I loved them, every one. Excellent suggestion, can you PM me the website you found?

Zomeegerzzzz I remember reading that series in middle school! I loved them, every one. Excellent suggestion, can you PM me the website you found?
np...I definitely prefer reading to watching TV...reading motivates me to turn my brain back on by engaging in fun-active thinking, rather than fun-passive thinking like TV or a movie. Going from fun-passive to dull-active is just a SUPER hard transition for me.