How do you guys deal with unsatisfactory grades?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you guys deal with unsatisfactory grades?

• Sleep

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Party

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Get Drunk

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Study more

Votes: 45 60.0%

• Total voters

byeh2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with unsatisfactory grades when you get them after the quarter/semester is over?

Members don't see this ad.

i know the grades will turn out to be unstatisfactory when i stop caring about half way to 3/4 of the term. This happens every term, i geuss i "burn out" and dont care, and i end up getting B's and some A's and continue to keep my gpa from getting any higher..... I get pissed. i dont know how to work consistently all the way through the term.... :( :(

jon stewart said:
i know the grades will turn out to be unstatisfactory when i stop caring about half way to 3/4 of the term. This happens every term, i geuss i "burn out" and dont care, and i end up getting B's and some A's and continue to keep my gpa from getting any higher..... I get pissed. i dont know how to work consistently all the way through the term.... :( :(

This happens to me also. My grades always drop off a bit at the end of the sem. Usually still end up alright, but not as good as they could be.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha wow these sdn nerds! i went with the first three. after a bad semester youve gotta throw in the towel for a little while. or you become like neurotic sdners!

Why isn't "Smoke a lot of weed" an option?

I think your motivation and your study habits at the beginning of the semester play a huge role for the rest of the semester. After 2-3 weeks it becomes habit and you don't really think about doing it, you just do it (this is coming from a huge procrastinator btw). Of course your study habits at the beginning of the semester depends on how motivated you are to do well, how interested you are in the subject, and how much time you have.

I think you need a "Bitch to your teacher till he/she becomes sick of your dumbas$ and agrees to change the grade" option for all the crazies out there.

If I get a bad grade, I don't feel like I deserve to party. If I get the grades I want at the end of the semester, however...

I tell my mom......she gets mad at me, I'm back in check. Man I'm such a momma's boy.

Shredder said:
haha wow these sdn nerds! i went with the first three. after a bad semester youve gotta throw in the towel for a little while. or you become like neurotic sdners!

I can tell by your avatar that you are on the Bill O'Reilly "christmas war". I think it is funny that he is making such a big deal out of it all. Anyhow, gf are good at easing the tension.

I second the women thing. :thumbup: Just be safe, don't screw up any of your friendships, and try not to act like a total fool in some bar somewhere. If you're married or in a relationship, the whole process is much easier. ahahah

Or more difficult. ;)

The semester is over. There's nothing you can do about it for now. Might as well get drunk and resolve to do better the next semester.

jon stewart said:

I have this problem too. I burn out towards the end of semester. I just took a final yesterday and I could barely study for it at all I was so sick and tired of school.

And to answer the poll, I usually get drunk.