md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Exactly what the title says. Got my 5 year HS get together coming up. Didn't realize 5 years were even a thing. Should I bail on this one (or future ones)?

onceawolverine

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2014
Status
Medical Student
I'm so excited to skip my high school reunion

(sorta sarcasm but also not)

Doudline

7+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2012
I went to my 5 years... it was pretty swell. But then we were a pretty small, close-knit group too, so it was more akin to seeing genuine old friends than just old classmate tbh.

Reactions: md-2020

GiveMeThatMD

Consider this thread DERAILED.
2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
My winning smile?
Aha! I've got it! And to think you've been trying to hide it all along!

That tie really draws away from the color of your eyes, maybe flaunt a little aquamarine.

Spector1

Orbis non Sufficit
5+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2011
Status
Pre-Medical
probably not for me.

sharkbyte

Take me to the top
5+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Got my 5 year coming up soon, I think I'll go. Not sure about future ones though.

Reactions: md-2020
OP
md-2020

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
2+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I only still talk to like 5 people from high school so
+1

I would be interested to catch up but thankfully this thing called FB exists haha

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
Attending Physician
It depends on how you feel about your high school experience.

My experience was that 5 years was not enough time for people to lose the 'tude, act nice and normal and not let old HS rivalries to still exist. I went to my 5 year reunion and found myself bored to tears; talking to people already on their 2nd marriage and asking WHY I was still in school (not that they were confused, just they couldn't understand anyone enjoying school or wanting to do more) and the bitches were still bitchy.

Flash forward a few years; everyone has settled into their life, are mostly happy (0r not) and they start to interact in an adult, friendly way that reflects the joy that a shared history holds. There's a common experience that we could all reminisce on.

And the bitches are fat. So there's that.

GrapesofRath

2+ Year Member
May 5, 2015
Status
Non-Student
It depends on how you feel about your high school experience.

My experience was that 5 years was not enough time for people to lose the 'tude, act nice and normal and not let old HS rivalries to still exist. I went to my 5 year reunion and found myself bored to tears; talking to people already on their 2nd marriage and asking WHY I was still in school (not that they were confused, just they couldn't understand anyone enjoying school or wanting to do more) and the bitches were still bitchy.

Flash forward a few years; everyone has settled into their life, are mostly happy (0r not) and they start to interact in an adult, friendly way that reflects the joy that a shared history holds. There's a common experience that we could all reminisce on.

And the bitches are fat. So there's that.
Way to bury the lead

Reactions: Winged Scapula