How do you guys feel about reunions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

md-2020

The Immaculate Catch
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says. Got my 5 year HS get together coming up. Didn't realize 5 years were even a thing. Should I bail on this one (or future ones)?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm so excited to skip my high school reunion

(sorta sarcasm but also not)

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to my 5 years... it was pretty swell. But then we were a pretty small, close-knit group too, so it was more akin to seeing genuine old friends than just old classmate tbh.

Reactions: 1 user
probably not for me.

Got my 5 year coming up soon, I think I'll go. Not sure about future ones though.

My five year was held this year at a bar down the street. I did not attend. I have no regrets.

It depends on how you feel about your high school experience.

My experience was that 5 years was not enough time for people to lose the 'tude, act nice and normal and not let old HS rivalries to still exist. I went to my 5 year reunion and found myself bored to tears; talking to people already on their 2nd marriage and asking WHY I was still in school (not that they were confused, just they couldn't understand anyone enjoying school or wanting to do more) and the bitches were still bitchy.

Flash forward a few years; everyone has settled into their life, are mostly happy (0r not) and they start to interact in an adult, friendly way that reflects the joy that a shared history holds. There's a common experience that we could all reminisce on.

And the bitches are fat. So there's that.

Reactions: 10 users
It depends on how you feel about your high school experience.

My experience was that 5 years was not enough time for people to lose the 'tude, act nice and normal and not let old HS rivalries to still exist. I went to my 5 year reunion and found myself bored to tears; talking to people already on their 2nd marriage and asking WHY I was still in school (not that they were confused, just they couldn't understand anyone enjoying school or wanting to do more) and the bitches were still bitchy.

Flash forward a few years; everyone has settled into their life, are mostly happy (0r not) and they start to interact in an adult, friendly way that reflects the joy that a shared history holds. There's a common experience that we could all reminisce on.

And the bitches are fat. So there's that.

Way to bury the lead