How do you guys pay for housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted74029

I know that lots of medical students stay off campus during medical school, but how is it paid for because I know most med students are much too busy to have a job. Do you guys just use loans to pay for it?

Members don't see this ad.

loans. Your cost of living will be included in the cost of attendance (COA) given to you by your fin aid office

definitely loans, but some classmates are on military scholarships.

Members don't see this ad :)
You either slingin' rock or got a mean jump shot.

In all truth, loans are the medical students only source of income most of the time.

Loans here as well. I'm lucky rent is decent around here, leaves a little extra loan money for beer. :)

"What's it like in medical school" type threads are pre-med issues and now moved to preallo forum. Medical students read and respond to threads in preallo and may follow and respond to this one if desired.

I convinced my parents that an investment in purchasing a condo around the school is a good idea especially since I will be around to manage it. And so I'm getting a free housing ride a the expense of me managing other students who rent the other rooms.

Loans for me. I actually own a home where I live now, but that'll be paid for with my fiancee's loans. Up till now, it was through my sweat and blood (and loans for my schooling). It actually scares me a bit to rely 100% on loans.