Will this count as an IA? Potential Housing Violation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingcobra203

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was moving off campus housing recently and miscalculated the time it took for me to move by over an hour. Halfway through moving out my room access got revoked. After speaking with housing over the phone they told me that since I hadn't fully moved out yet they would have to write me up and refer me to another department in the school.

Will this count as an IA for med school admissions? Will schools like UCLA prescreen me out for something like this and if so will my application to those schools be DOA?
Is there any way to mitigate the damage caused by this? It seems really minor to me but I don't want it to affect me in the future.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I swear I’m seeing this question like once a week.

There is a common irrational fear from med schools that when you click the IA box that suddenly you’re going to get “screened” out and either never be a doctor, or at least never go to a good school. Your situation is a prime example of why that isn’t the case—they would wind up screening out a bunch of perfectly good applicants for something stupid.

At worst, your app will be set aside so someone can read the description to determine whether it’s something disqualifying, or it might just get seen as part of routine review. Either way, the bottom line is that the details matter more than just yes/no on whether the box was checked. In your case you have nothing to worry about

Reactions: 4 users
No. Even if this is an IA we would just roll our eyes and sigh. It will not affect you in the slightest.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing to worry about. Whether it counts as an IA or not, this isn't the sort of thing anyone on an ADCOM would care about

Reactions: 1 users