You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Step I how do you know that you are "ready"??
Started by hippocampus
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
how do you know when you're ready to take the exam?
In reality, you'll never feel 100% ready. There's just too much information and so many ways they can "mask" it in the question stems.
What does help is a consistent improvement in your NBME practice tests (do at least 2 of them).
if people do not know when they are ready, then how do they decide on when to take the exam?
i did 3 NBME exams... I just took one today and got 2 points less than a week ago... BOOOOOOOO
i did 3 NBME exams... I just took one today and got 2 points less than a week ago... BOOOOOOOO
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Knowing you're ready is a two step process:
1) you want to kill yourself
2) you're out of time
If either of those conditions remains unsatisfied, you should keep studying.
i second the above
how do you know when you're ready to take the exam?
when you get your desired score on practice NBME you are ready
Knowing you're ready is a two step process:
1) you want to kill yourself
2) you're out of time
If either of those conditions remains unsatisfied, you should keep studying.
I concur. for me it kind of happened at the same time.. maybe i burned out a few weeks before but it was close enough..
you'll never feel like you're ready.. you just have to bite the bullet and take the test.
im already so bored i could kill myself
though i have not really studied much... i wake up at 12pm
though i have not really studied much... i wake up at 12pm
it sounds like you're ready then.. take the test. I was never bored till the end of my studies. before that I was scared, frightened and petrified.
it sounds like you're ready then.. take the test. I was never bored till the end of my studies. before that I was scared, frightened and petrified.
Yeah, it seems like every other day I panic and feel that the schedule I set out for myself is insufficient. I think the key is just to take it easy, try to learn some (instead of all memorizing) and for me at least, stick to the da@n schedule! --> with the idea being you were of sound mind when you planned your study schedule in the first place.
4
45408
When you run out of time. Make a good schedule, stick to it, and know that you're not going to learn/remember everything. If there's some really difficult and boring concept, I'll skip it. There's lower-hanging fruit to be had. Memorizing the structures of Krebs = low yield. Knowing what a PPV is = high yield.
Someone in my class got a 96 on the CBSE with 8 weeks until we start rotations. According to scale, 94 = 260+, I would say that person knows he or she is ready. Somebody has been keeping up with studying these past two years...
My First Aid is dog-eared and my reading chair is permanently molded to my *ss, I must be ready.
You never feel that you are ready. Even if you do well on the nbme's and question banks, you still feel as if there is so much left to learn that they could potentially ask a question on.
Just pick a date and set a schedule so that you cover everything with some time at the end to review.
Just pick a date and set a schedule so that you cover everything with some time at the end to review.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
D
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 3K
D