How do you know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OooOooOoo

DES
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My first thread, so be kind.

Since visceral sensation is limited to pressure and pain, and the beginning of epidermis is past the external anal sphincter, how do you know the difference between flatulence and feces before it is passed the point of no return?

Members don't see this ad.

Ooo said:
My first thread, so be kind.

Since visceral sensation is limited to pressure and pain, and the beginning of epidermis is past the external anal sphincter, how do you know the difference between flatulence and feces before it is passed the point of no return?

Simple. Quick increase in pressure vs. long and sustained. You gotta factor in time. ;)

you can never be too cautious, though. sometimes one can become to confident that they are going to simply pass gas, but a fecal surprise follows.

Members don't see this ad :)
captbadass said:
you can never be too caution, though. sometimes one can become to confident that they are going to simply pass gas, but a fecal surprise follows.

Is that why your screenname is Bad Ass. :laugh: Seriously, you've really gotta pottytrain yourself ;)

Doesn't viceral also detect stretch? I would think the stretch from some air would be a lot different and smaller than from feces.

ddmoore54 said:
Doesn't viceral also detect stretch? I would think the stretch from some air would be a lot different and smaller than from feces.
Also, the pressure from air is constant on all the receptors. The pressure from feces is almost constant, but I bet your body can tell it's a solid from the fact that it's not a perfect circle.