How do you stay focused for long periods? Strategies?

Zebrazen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

I appreciate the struggle that so many scientists and scholars before us have invested since the dawn of civilization to help acquire the knowledge that I can now easily look up at my fingertips. With the limited means of technology they've had versus what we have available today, I'm grateful of how far the human being is capable of understanding our universe. The least I can do is try to stay awake and make an effort to understand the information, especially if it is asked of me to learn it to reach my desired goal.

Reactions: 1 user
I appreciate the struggle that so many scientists and scholars before us have invested since the dawn of civilization to help acquire the knowledge that I can now easily look up at my fingertips. With the limited means of technology they've had versus what we have available today, I'm grateful of how far the human being is capable of understanding our universe. The least I can do is try to stay awake and make an effort to understand the information, especially if it is asked of me to learn it to reach my desired goal.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

For myself, I was looking to refine my strategy. IMO, there may be strategies that could prove to be very helpful but you will never know unless you ask :)

there may be strategies that could prove to be very helpful but you will never know unless you ask :)
4.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
My biggest distraction ever is my phone. I just put my phone on silent and throw it across the room for the time that I want to be focused and before I know it, it has been a couple hours. (short term focus)

If you are talking about long term focus, I just keep envisioning my long-term goals and what I want in my life and for my career and tell myself the steps I need to take to get there and I don't want to be working at a random low-paying job all my life lol

+1 to the no-phone strategy. I usually set an alarm so I know when to take breaks (can only study for about 3-4 hours at a time). It's easier to stay focused when you don't overwork yourself mentally. When you have a break to look forward to, whether that break involves reading, playing video games, eating, or something else, it's much easier to push yourself.

Also useful to study in a location that isn't distracting. Some people need silence; I'm personally more distracted when there's no noise around. I do nearly all of my studying in cafés.

Reactions: 1 user