How does Baylor notify accepted applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobcat

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I emailed Baylor on Friday. They are doing everything they can to begin notifying people on 10/15. Does anyone know if they use snailmail, telephone and/or email to hand out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

One of the guys will call you.
Then they will also send you some snail mail.

Just wait by the phone all day :)

They said that the dean of admissions will call applicants personally (Major somebody). If you get a call from him, you are set.

You'll also get a snail-mail, I think.

When did you interview? I was there 9/21-22.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI --

Last year I didn't receive a phone call, but I did have an acceptance letter in the mail on October 15th. I was about 100 miles away from Houston last year, so it didn't take long for the "snail mail" to arrive. It was a pretty exciting day.

Crafty:

Did you end up at Baylor?
If so..where else did you get accepted and why did you choose baylor? Or why did you turn down baylor?
Just asking :)

Anyone been called by Baylor yet?
I was expecting the board to be lit up with responses like "so and so called me! I'm in" or something..
I only see one
Congrats Jamie!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo:
•Anyone been called by Baylor yet?

I wish... But if I hear I will let you know Scoob.

Is anyone going to call them?

I'd love to call them anonymously and ask if they've called everyone, but I don't have the balls to do that even. Damn! --Trek

CALL TREK CALL!!! :)

Here is what I think they are going to do.
I think that the Dean is looking through the list of people as I type this right now. He will then make final words by the afternoon. Then, tomorrow they will begin calling everyone and sending out letters of acceptance.

Hopefully :)

Scoob- i'd love to believe that but remember they said the computer spits out the applicants in order and they go from that computer list- so all this has been decided the day we interviewed- and therefore a forgone conclusion. Would be nice if they were still deciding, but i've got a feeling they ain't. --Trek

Sigh.

Okay, I know that waiting sucks. There is a really good chance that some of you who are already anxious about hearing from Baylor will still be anxious come February and March, maybe even later. Just know that now.

Some of you will probably hear in the next month or two. Just because a school can technically start giving out acceptances by Oct. 15th, doesn't mean they will necessarily be calling everyone on the 15th. At least last year, Baylor said they hoped to send out acceptances around the 15th of each month, but I know a lot of people who heard at least a few weeks later than that supposed timeline.

Relax.

RELAX??????????

Hellz no! :) haha

Yes, we know lilycat...I was expecting at LEAST one person from the board to hear from Baylor. I don't think they called anyone today b/c no one has posted that Baylor called them or a friend. So...hang in there trek! And get a friend with no vested interest to call them for you :)

It is right now 3:10 PM in Houston. I figure they have interviewed 150 out of the 600 that they normally interview. So I would They have a classs size of ~170. So I would assume that they would let in about 50-60 applicants at the first possible moment. So let's say it is 50 students, and if it takes 3 minutes for the dean to call each person, he would just be finishing at 5:40. So I'm a little bit doubtful right now that we will be recieving calls from Baylor. Of course, he could have gone through 50 and those 50 are celebrating so much that they totally forgot to inform the rest of us.

Anyway, IIRC, they call in the morning/early afternoon (so said one of my tourguides). I'm gonna just study some stat, get to bed early tonight and head out on a monster bike ride tomorrow. Although i got a call from another school for an interview and damn near lost my head! --Trek

:eek:

so i walked back to my room from class and had a message from dean bradshaw on my machine. got the thumbs up! massive luck to all...i hope everyone hears really soon...

NAYTHING for pobre scoobs :(

Yay! My mom called and told me whatever his name is left a message on our answering machine saying I got it. What a weird way to tell people! Whatever! Yippee! I never thought I'd be accepted anyplace so early in the game! Best wishes to those of you still waiting . . . keep posting if you hear. Shoudl we have a uniform thread for acceptances now like we do for interviews? Anybody want to organize it?

Why do some people not allow private messages?

Congrats synite!!!
Can you please send me your stats or post them.
I am curious as to when you interviewed as well. Was it on 09/07? or at a later date?