How does one properly review FLs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheeezcake

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m having trouble finding out exactly how someone who does extremely well (~518+) reviews their FL questions. Would anyone have an example they could show me of how they broke down each question, correct and incorrect? Also how long would you say you spent detail reviewing each section or practice test?

Members don't see this ad.

How to review your FLs starts long before you ever take your first FL. It's a building process that goes on during your entire study tenure. For me, I used Phase 1 homework passages to reacquaint myself with the definitions, equation, concepts, and fundamentals. I didn't worry about anything besides knowing what was true or untrue. On Phase 2 of homework, I first started to analyze answer choices, rating them on a scale of "terrible, throw it out immediately" to "most logical and it answers the question." I also stopped to repeat the logic sequence needed to arrive at every correct answer. Phase 3 homework is where I looked more carefully at the question itself when reviewing afterwards. I zeroed in on key words and hints they gave in the question. On section banks, I tried to put all of it together, knowing the content, quickly recognizing key words, and mentally ranking the answer choices as I did PoE. By the time I got to FLs, reviewing questions was routine.

Reactions: 1 user
I reviewed my FL by going through the test again and reading each passage and answering the question and then checking to see if I got it right this time and got it right the first time (this takes a lot of time, but I found it to really help me. it roughly ended up taking the entire day). For each answer choice, I would make myself figure out why exactly it was the wrong one instead of just looking for the right answer. I would then compare my new answer with my old answer and see what was it that made me get it wrong: did I read through it too fast the first time and now reading slower made me get it right, did I get it wrong both times meaning there is a gap in content or a misinterpretation on my part, etc. and then I would whatever was necessary to correct it. I then wrote down the reason I got it wrong not to study later but just to serve a way for me to see at the end of reviewing that FL the reason for the majority of my mistakes, so I could adjust my studying the coming week.

Reactions: 1 user