How does something like this happen??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh that is horrible. Poor baby.

While maybe I shouldn’t, I also feel bad for the nnp. While she obviously wasn’t competent, this was probably unintentional and I’m sure she feels terrible for ruining this child’s life.

situations like this make me happy I know nrp and could intervene if needed when my own child is born...

Members don't see this ad :)
No one wish upon that on anybody. But the hospital, or insurance company won’t understand until this kind of cases make to the news and create public outage.

And it may also be sad to know, sometimes the hospital rather pay good insurance premiums and hire mid-levels than hire a competent physicians. Also some of us are being hired as a responsibility sponge and cushion the hospital from real fall out.

Make sure you know the deal you sign up for.

Reactions: 4 users
No one wish upon that on anybody. But the hospital, or insurance company won’t understand until this kind of cases make to the news and create public outage.

And it may also be sad to know, sometimes the hospital rather pay good insurance premiums and hire mid-levels than hire a competent physicians. Also some of us are being hired as a responsibility sponge and cushion the hospital from real fall out.

perhaps why our neonatal outcomes aren’t as good as they could be

Absolutely tragic...how could even a nurse practitioner fail to recognize a sick child? (See the photo)