How does summer school look to PT schools?

Started by Dai
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dai

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am hoping to take my Physics I and II in the summer to save time and money. Will taking these certain classes in community colleges affect our outlook for PT school?
 
For the most part they don't care where the course was taken as long it's not something where you are enrolled at a university and take all of your prerequisites at community. But just taking a few over summer isn't bad. I'm a non traditional student so I graduated from a university and then had to go back for all of my prereqs and took all of them at community college. I got into my number one school and start in the fall 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dai
I don't think it matters much as stated above. I took Chem 2 at a state college (used to be a community college). If you take one or two you should be fine. Maybe split it up like talking physics 1 at your university and then physics 2 at the community college. I got in to all 7 schools I applied to so you should be fine 🙂
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dai
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The fact that it is during the summer semester should be totally irrelevant. You could try verifying with a couple of programs you want to apply to that they accept community college credits for physics pre-reqs.
 
I already had a BA and took all my of my prereqs at a CC. I had no issues. I was accepted into 4 schools and received interview requests from every school I applied to. Even snobby USC granted me admission into their program. I think it is a non-issue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dai