How does the APFT "Extended Scale" work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

73BARMYPgsp

Post Doc
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I can max my PT test right now, and then some. However, I have never tried to figure out how to calculate pushups/situps/2MR on the extended scale. Anyone know how to do this?

Members don't see this ad.

I am pretty sure I can max my PT test right now, and then some. However, I have never tried to figure out how to calculate pushups/situps/2MR on the extended scale. Anyone know how to do this?
Courtesy of 21-20:
Only those soldiers who score 100 points in all three events are eligible to determine their score on an extended scale. To fairly determine the points earned, extra points are awarded at the same rate as points obtained for scores at or below the 100 point level. Each push-up and sit-up beyond the maximum is worth one point as is every six second decrease in the run time.

David Carpenter, PA-C

The fastest ever, one response, asked and answered thread I have ever seen on here. Way to go!

Members don't see this ad :)
Courtesy of 21-20:
Only those soldiers who score 100 points in all three events are eligible to determine their score on an extended scale. To fairly determine the points earned, extra points are awarded at the same rate as points obtained for scores at or below the 100 point level. Each push-up and sit-up beyond the maximum is worth one point as is every six second decrease in the run time.

David Carpenter, PA-C

Sounds like a prior NCO?:D

Six wonderful years in the wonderful garden spot of Fayettenam.

Me too, (2001-2003, Womack AMC) but I guess I was just to lazy to figure it out myself. Now that you posted it, the reg looks totally straightforward.