How does this look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sc2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Volunteering in a hospital during the summer for 3 months in 2007 in my home country (b/w I am a US citizen and a citizen of a country in Europe) to see the healthcare system there. And then from Jan until June (6 months- I am currently doing this) in my state.

I will be applying this summer. I have a few years of research and non-clinical volunteering. I also have ~70hrs of shadowing if it helps.

I am scared that my clinical volunteering is not enough.

Members don't see this ad.

Volunteering in a hospital during the summer for 3 months in 2007 in my home country (b/w I am a US citizen and a citizen of a country in Europe) to see the healthcare system there. And then from Jan until June (6 months- I am currently doing this) in my state.

I will be applying this summer. I have a few years of research and non-clinical volunteering. I also have ~70hrs of shadowing if it helps.

I am scared that my clinical volunteering is not enough.

I've seen this done successfully. If it works with a prompt on the supplemental, consider writing about something you observed in the two places that was different (not better or worse, necessarily, but different) and your ability to adapt to differences between the two.

I've seen this done successfully. If it works with a prompt on the supplemental, consider writing about something you observed in the two places that was different (not better or worse, necessarily, but different) and your ability to adapt to differences between the two.

Thank you LizzyM for replying! I will do that.

Also, does it look bad that I have 6 months (~8-10hrs/week) of volunteering in the US by the time I apply ?