how easy is 3r

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

woodhorse22

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got done with the AAMC 3r practice test on e-mcat.com. I got a 30 on it, so pretty happy especially since I scored a 21 on the real thing I took August 06. Is the 3r really that easy or have I improved significantly?

Those who took the real one, how accurate was the 3r?
THANKS a lot

Members don't see this ad.

3R is rather easy but if you scored 30 it shows improvement. I took 3R and 8 days of each other and I got 38 on 3R and 36 on 8. However, realize that once you get up to 35s, missing 1 will lower your score a bunch. Not sure how that computes when your at 30

3R was one of my higher practice test scores and I took it early on in my prep. I studied quite a bit between that test and the real thing and my score on the real thing was one point lower.

I'd agree that it is on the "easy" side for AAMC tests but I don't think the scale is horribly inflated.

Members don't see this ad :)
My verbal improved by 3 points... I had a 5 the first time around and got an 8 this time in 3r. However, I took the 3r last year also when I was prepping for the august MCAT, but I didn't go over my answer at all, so didn't remember them. Maybe that might have given me an edge.. :(. Well I am going to continue on working on verbal.. thanks for the comments though.

what about 5R in terms of difficulty?

The Verbal, like most AAMC's is quite comparable to what you will have on test day. I think that exams 5 and 6 are similar in difficulty level. In the end, it's all relative, but once you get yourself comfortable in all areas of the MCAT, then all of the exams seem similar in difficulty level. I know that others will contest this, but that's how I feel about it. Somehow I thought that 9 and 10 were easier than exams, 3 and 5.

All I know is 4R (took today) was the hardest PS of the AAMC Ive come across. Bio was right on par IMO.

what do you guys mean by 3r? I just took the AAMC practice test 3 today and didn't do well at all so I dunno how you guys found it so easy. The curve was insane, I'd never done as good as I did on Bio and Physics until today (both above 80%) and that gets me a ten and eleven respectively.

edit: I took 3-CBT

All I know is 4R (took today) was the hardest PS of the AAMC Ive come across. Bio was right on par IMO.
4R was a nightmare. I scored my lowest on that one.

3R is easier, but I think it still has predictive power. I scored 1 pt. higher on the real deal than on 3R.

Verdict: 3R inflates your score, but with studying in between, you can easily hit or pass that mark.

4R was a nightmare. I scored my lowest on that one.

3R is easier, but I think it still has predictive power. I scored 1 pt. higher on the real deal than on 3R.

Verdict: 3R inflates your score, but with studying in between, you can easily hit or pass that mark.

so i've already studied alot, should I even bother taking 3R?