How good is the pharmacy outlook in Seattle, WA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Student144

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of pharmacists and pre-pharm students in the U.S. right now, as a result, will this make it more difficult to get a job in Seattle, WA?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Q: "Is [desirable city] saturated?"

A: "Yes."

Reactions: 7 users
There are a lot of pharmacists and pre-pharm students in the U.S. right now, as a result, will this make it more difficult to get a job in Seattle, WA?
I'm a recent grad and was able to find FT work in Seattle... But honestly, I kind of fell into the position by networking and finding people that were willing to help me and work with me given some personal things going on at the time.

So really, there is work to be found in Seattle, but you might have to be flexible with where you're willing to work, as well as what hours, and to what extent. But I think this goes for any major metropolitan area in the country. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a recent grad and was able to find FT work in Seattle... But honestly, I kind of fell into the position by networking and finding people that were willing to help me and work with me given some personal things going on at the time.

So really, there is work to be found in Seattle, but you might have to be flexible with where you're willing to work, as well as what hours, and to what extent. But I think this goes for any major metropolitan area in the country. Good luck!

Retail or Hospital? Anyone know about their overtime pay policy for Washington?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Steer clear of Seattle. Cost of living is getting higher every year and traffic is insane. A ton of Californians are moving there and turning Seattle into another LA

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on whether you're a pre-pharm or already a student or pharmacist. If you haven't started pharmacy school yet then I would suggest computer science over pharmacy if you want to live in the Seattle area.

Reactions: 1 users
Depends on whether you're a pre-pharm or already a student or pharmacist. If you haven't started pharmacy school yet then I would suggest computer science over pharmacy if you want to live in the Seattle area.

You really, truly are the definition of a broken record.

Reactions: 1 user

I've heard Seattle is overrun with junior developers
Though I'd probably quit rx school to do boot camp anyways