How Good is this sign?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shreddy04

Reaction score
Ok, wondering how good this sign is.

Recently interviewed for my in-state school last Friday in the morning.

I work as an ER Tech at a level one trauma center. All the med students at my state university rotate through my hospital/ER.

I came to work Saturday night, the day after my interview. One of my tech friends came up to me, explaining that he met one of my med-student interviewers on the same day of my interview, but at night while he was working.

Basically, my tech friend was chatting with the med student, and then the med student asked about me, mentioning my name. My colleague told the med student interviewer that he knew me. I am presuming my tech friend said positive things because we’re good friends. However, all I truly know is that the interviewer asked about me by name.

That’s about all I know, or at least everything that my tech friend told me.

How good of a sign is this? Is it pretty common to remember someone by name the same day? Is this wishful thinking?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not qualified to answer this question in anyway, but you should probably include how far your MCAT and gpa is from the median of the school you’re talking about.

Reactions: 1 users
It means nothing. The thing you should be happy about is that it’s September and youve already had an interview. Everyone wants to try and read the tea leaves but there’s nothing to do but move on to the next interview.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You're reaching. There are people that are just good at remembering peoples names.

Me on the other hand. I am terrible at it. I can remember everything about a person, but when it comes to the name, I am screwed.

Ok, wondering how good this sign is.

Recently interviewed for my in-state school last Friday in the morning.

I work as an ER Tech at a level one trauma center. All the med students at my state university rotate through my hospital/ER.

I came to work Saturday night, the day after my interview. One of my tech friends came up to me, explaining that he met one of my med-student interviewers on the same day of my interview, but at night while he was working.

Basically, my tech friend was chatting with the med student, and then the med student asked about me, mentioning my name. My colleague told the med student interviewer that he knew me. I am presuming my tech friend said positive things because we’re good friends. However, all I truly know is that the interviewer asked about me by name.

That’s about all I know, or at least everything the my tech friend told me.

How good of a sign is this? Is it pretty common to remember someone by name the same day? Is this wishful thinking?
Meaningless

Reactions: 2 users
Means literally nothing. I’ve had interviewers literally say “I’m looking forward to seeing you next year.” only to get rejected without even a pity waitlist. All comes down to how the committee votes

Reactions: 5 users
First off, congrats on finishing your interview. That in and of itself is a great accomplishment. That being said, I wouldn't read much into this... the student probably liked you since they asked about you but their evaluation is only one piece of the puzzle. Just hold tight until you hear back from the school. I hope you get positive news soon!